Culvert work to close part of state Route 21
COPLEY/NORTON — Beginning July 11 at 6 p.m. and running through July 14 at 6 a.m., state Route 21 northbound in Copley and Norton will be closed between Interstate 76 and state Route 162/Copley Road for culvert replacements, according to Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) officials. The closure is weather dependent.
According to ODOT officials, as part of this closure, the following ramps will be closed: I-76 eastbound and westbound to state Route 21 northbound; state Route 261 to state Route 21 northbound; and Minor Road entrances to state Route 21 northbound.
The detour for all closures is I-77 to I-76 (the Kenmore Leg) to I-76/US Route 224.
According to ODOT officials, this work is the beginning of a $285,000 project to replace four culverts along state Route 21, including two between Minor Road and state Route 261, one between state Route 261 and I-76, and one between Minor Road and state Route 162/Copley Road.
The entire project is scheduled to be completed by late July, said ODOT officials.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014