Culvert work to close part of state Route 21
COPLEY/NORTON — Beginning July 11 at 6 p.m. and running through July 14 at 6 a.m., state Route 21 northbound in Copley and Norton will be closed between Interstate 76 and state Route 162/Copley Road for culvert replacements, according to Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) officials. The closure is weather dependent.
According to ODOT officials, as part of this closure, the following ramps will be closed: I-76 eastbound and westbound to state Route 21 northbound; state Route 261 to state Route 21 northbound; and Minor Road entrances to state Route 21 northbound.
The detour for all closures is I-77 to I-76 (the Kenmore Leg) to I-76/US Route 224.
According to ODOT officials, this work is the beginning of a $285,000 project to replace four culverts along state Route 21, including two between Minor Road and state Route 261, one between state Route 261 and I-76, and one between Minor Road and state Route 162/Copley Road.
The entire project is scheduled to be completed by late July, said ODOT officials.
More Community News
- Akron police to assist at GOP convention
- Junior Rangers explore CVNP
- County looking at summer roadwork spending
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
- Deconstruction program building up community
- West Side News & Notes
- ACLU sues Akron over panhandling law
- Temporary bridge bypass opens on Towpath
- Proposed charter changes in Fairlawn continue to draw debate
- Copley trustees to appoint new fiscal officer
- Bids announced for 2016 road projects in Bath
- Boston trustees discuss policy on culvert pipe installation
- Sharon trustees address transportation concerns
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016
- Play and Stay Friday - 5/6/2016