Culvert work to close part of state Route 21
COPLEY/NORTON — Beginning July 11 at 6 p.m. and running through July 14 at 6 a.m., state Route 21 northbound in Copley and Norton will be closed between Interstate 76 and state Route 162/Copley Road for culvert replacements, according to Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) officials. The closure is weather dependent.
According to ODOT officials, as part of this closure, the following ramps will be closed: I-76 eastbound and westbound to state Route 21 northbound; state Route 261 to state Route 21 northbound; and Minor Road entrances to state Route 21 northbound.
The detour for all closures is I-77 to I-76 (the Kenmore Leg) to I-76/US Route 224.
According to ODOT officials, this work is the beginning of a $285,000 project to replace four culverts along state Route 21, including two between Minor Road and state Route 261, one between state Route 261 and I-76, and one between Minor Road and state Route 162/Copley Road.
The entire project is scheduled to be completed by late July, said ODOT officials.
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- Drop-In Nature Crafts for All Ages - 7/30/2015
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015