All’s fair at annual Summit County event
The annual event, presented July 22-27 at the Summit County Fairgrounds by the Summit County Agricultural Society, gives farmers an opportunity to display their livestock and allows 4-H members to showcase their projects. One of the farm-related activities at the fair included a pig race, shown at top with visitors cheering on the racers.
The fair also provided plenty of family-oriented activities, including demonstrations from the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, motocross, a demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, eating contests and more.
Shown at right top are some of the rides available at the fair.
Taylor Ford, a ninth-grader at Akron Early College High School, is shown at right bottom riding down the Fun Slide with her 3-year-old cousin Michael Koubek July 26. Both are residents of Cuyahoga Falls.
Below, the Great Brad Schreiber, at far left, performs a little magic for Justin and Logan Nadiak and their father, William Nadiak, while sister Ally Nadiak watches from behind.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- RNC delegates expected to stay in area
- New Firestone/Litchfield CLC nearing completion
- Akron Council hears juvenile court program info
- County Council gets health report from SCPH
- West Side News & Notes
- Towpath bridge investigation continues
- Falls Council honors student for generosity
- Norton Council discusses public health issues, sewer project
- Copley trustees move time of meetings
- Richfield Council considering agreement with Briarwood
- Richfield trustees thank out-going employee
- Granger officials respond to cemetery complaint
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron BassoonaRoo - 4/29/2016
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to benefit the Rape Crisis Center - 4/29/2016
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron Dance Company Spring Concert - 4/29/2016