All’s fair at annual Summit County event
The annual event, presented July 22-27 at the Summit County Fairgrounds by the Summit County Agricultural Society, gives farmers an opportunity to display their livestock and allows 4-H members to showcase their projects. One of the farm-related activities at the fair included a pig race, shown at top with visitors cheering on the racers.
The fair also provided plenty of family-oriented activities, including demonstrations from the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, motocross, a demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, eating contests and more.
Shown at right top are some of the rides available at the fair.
Taylor Ford, a ninth-grader at Akron Early College High School, is shown at right bottom riding down the Fun Slide with her 3-year-old cousin Michael Koubek July 26. Both are residents of Cuyahoga Falls.
Below, the Great Brad Schreiber, at far left, performs a little magic for Justin and Logan Nadiak and their father, William Nadiak, while sister Ally Nadiak watches from behind.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
- Council introduces vicious dog legislation
- Bulldog Dash raises funds for Green schools
- Springfield district seeking renewal of two levies
- County Council holds public hearing for sewer project
- Council districts subject of opposing ballot issues
- South Side News & Notes
- Summer sewer rate discussed in Akron
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015