Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
At the July 23 Boston Township Board of Trustees meeting, Road Superintendent Tim Tesmer announced the paving project on Hines Hill Road was scheduled to begin July 29.
The project is expected to last until Aug. 12, but may finish earlier if weather permits, he said.
At a previous meeting, trustees approved a bid submitted by Melway Paving Co. to complete the project in the amount of $167,565. The repaving project will be paid for by penalty money and a cash settlement from EQ Industrial Services Inc., after work the company did on the Krejci Dump project.
Township officials have said the construction project will take place in two sections. The top section, which is located near the former Krejci Dump, is about 4,500 feet long. The road will be pulverized and then a layer of stone will be added to stiffen the base before the road is paved and striping and berms are added, according to township officials. The lower section, about 4,000 feet long, will be chip and sealed, and then striping and berms will be added, as well.
In other business;
- Township attorney Ed Pullekins reported he spoke with Daniel Bridle regarding his current zoning violations and Bridle agreed to a meeting to discuss what needs to be done to resolve the issues.
Pullekins also reported meeting with attorney Ken Fickey, who represents resident Bob Pruitt. Pullekins said Fickey was open to a meeting with the zoning inspectors, himself and Pruitt to discuss the clearing of Pruitt’s property one last time before the township steps in and takes action.
- Trustee Randy Bergdorf reported the Town Hall Committee was delayed in installing the sign in front of the Township Hall building because members wanted to call the Ohio Utilities Protection Service and ensure no gas lines will be damaged in the installation process. He said he hoped the sign will be up soon.
The next regular Boston Board of Trustees meeting will be Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m. in the administrative offices at Boston Township Hall, located at the corner of Main Street and Riverview Road in Peninsula.
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/1/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 8/1/2015
- Hustle and Bustle for Stand Up for Downs - 8/1/2015
- Dirty Deeds with Metal Inc, Natural Wonder with Colin Dussault’s Blues Project - 8/1/2015
- Peninsula Flea - 8/1/2015