Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
Events scheduled for the next few days include an old iron demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, a bull riding show, a fiddle contest and the Ohio State Arm Wrestling Contest. The event, which strives to preserve and promote agriculture, will close with fireworks Aug. 3.
Shown at right top, from left, July 28 are Outgoing Horse Queen Kaili Mitchell, 17, of Wadsworth, and Incoming Horse Queen Gwyn Andrews, 18, of Sharon.
Pictured below, from left, in front of the Junior Fair Board display are members and sisters Cecilia Mainzer, 13; Lydia Mainzer, 16; and Amelia Mainzer, 15. Cecilia won the canning and freezing category plus a nutrition project and public speaking event. Lydia is the Junior Fair Board vice president and won in leadership/diversity and nutrition/yeast bread on the rise events. Amelia won first place in creative writing/story with her piece, “Hey Sunshine, Hey Parker.”
The fair also has carnival rides, games and food, shown at top. Shown at right bottom enjoying the Super Shot, which takes riders to the top and then free-falls back down, is Izzy Ergh, 13, of Copley.
For a complete schedule of events and activities, call the fair office at 330-723-9633 or visit www.medina-fair.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015
- “The Boxtrolls” - 3/5/2015
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015