Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
Events scheduled for the next few days include an old iron demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, a bull riding show, a fiddle contest and the Ohio State Arm Wrestling Contest. The event, which strives to preserve and promote agriculture, will close with fireworks Aug. 3.
Shown at right top, from left, July 28 are Outgoing Horse Queen Kaili Mitchell, 17, of Wadsworth, and Incoming Horse Queen Gwyn Andrews, 18, of Sharon.
Pictured below, from left, in front of the Junior Fair Board display are members and sisters Cecilia Mainzer, 13; Lydia Mainzer, 16; and Amelia Mainzer, 15. Cecilia won the canning and freezing category plus a nutrition project and public speaking event. Lydia is the Junior Fair Board vice president and won in leadership/diversity and nutrition/yeast bread on the rise events. Amelia won first place in creative writing/story with her piece, “Hey Sunshine, Hey Parker.”
The fair also has carnival rides, games and food, shown at top. Shown at right bottom enjoying the Super Shot, which takes riders to the top and then free-falls back down, is Izzy Ergh, 13, of Copley.
For a complete schedule of events and activities, call the fair office at 330-723-9633 or visit www.medina-fair.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017