Akron Rotary inducts president
|Photo courtesy of Akron Rotary|
Christy sold his social media marketing agency Christy Creative LLC at the end of 2013 and recently started Focal Point Social Media with his partner, Mark Krohn, from venture capital company Acquire Investments.
Christy also has launched Beckett’s Buddies, a fundraising group to support those with Down syndrome, in honor of his 4-year-old son, Beckett. He regularly donates a portion of his company revenues to the Up Side of Downs, a nonprofit advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome in Northeast Ohio, according to Rotary officials.
Christy has served as the Chili Open co-chairman, PR chairman and president-elect. Additionally, he serves on the board of Stand Up for Downs, United Disability Services, The LuMind Foundation (Down syndrome cognition research) and The Rotary Camp for Children With Special Needs. He also is involved in the United Way of Summit County as a member of the Young Leaders Society and the Tocqueville Society, where he serves on the cabinet.
Christy has been bestowed with the Greater Akron Small Business Councils Excellence in Business — Emerging Business award, the Distinguished Sales and Marketing Executive Award from SMEI, and is a member of the 31st class of Leadership Akron.
In 2012, the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network recognized Christy with the 30 for the Future award for his community service and business leadership.
Christy is shown above with his wife, Brittany, and three of their four children.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015