Akron Rotary inducts president
|Photo courtesy of Akron Rotary|
Christy sold his social media marketing agency Christy Creative LLC at the end of 2013 and recently started Focal Point Social Media with his partner, Mark Krohn, from venture capital company Acquire Investments.
Christy also has launched Beckett’s Buddies, a fundraising group to support those with Down syndrome, in honor of his 4-year-old son, Beckett. He regularly donates a portion of his company revenues to the Up Side of Downs, a nonprofit advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome in Northeast Ohio, according to Rotary officials.
Christy has served as the Chili Open co-chairman, PR chairman and president-elect. Additionally, he serves on the board of Stand Up for Downs, United Disability Services, The LuMind Foundation (Down syndrome cognition research) and The Rotary Camp for Children With Special Needs. He also is involved in the United Way of Summit County as a member of the Young Leaders Society and the Tocqueville Society, where he serves on the cabinet.
Christy has been bestowed with the Greater Akron Small Business Councils Excellence in Business — Emerging Business award, the Distinguished Sales and Marketing Executive Award from SMEI, and is a member of the 31st class of Leadership Akron.
In 2012, the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network recognized Christy with the 30 for the Future award for his community service and business leadership.
Christy is shown above with his wife, Brittany, and three of their four children.
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
Calendar of Events
- Cooking Seminar and Happy Hour - 10/8/2015
- Healthy Strides Hike and Talk - 10/8/2015
- National Depression Screening Day - 10/8/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers: ages 8 to 12 - 10/8/2015
- “Avengers: Age of Ultron” - 10/8/2015