Akron Rotary inducts president
|Photo courtesy of Akron Rotary|
Christy sold his social media marketing agency Christy Creative LLC at the end of 2013 and recently started Focal Point Social Media with his partner, Mark Krohn, from venture capital company Acquire Investments.
Christy also has launched Beckett’s Buddies, a fundraising group to support those with Down syndrome, in honor of his 4-year-old son, Beckett. He regularly donates a portion of his company revenues to the Up Side of Downs, a nonprofit advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome in Northeast Ohio, according to Rotary officials.
Christy has served as the Chili Open co-chairman, PR chairman and president-elect. Additionally, he serves on the board of Stand Up for Downs, United Disability Services, The LuMind Foundation (Down syndrome cognition research) and The Rotary Camp for Children With Special Needs. He also is involved in the United Way of Summit County as a member of the Young Leaders Society and the Tocqueville Society, where he serves on the cabinet.
Christy has been bestowed with the Greater Akron Small Business Councils Excellence in Business — Emerging Business award, the Distinguished Sales and Marketing Executive Award from SMEI, and is a member of the 31st class of Leadership Akron.
In 2012, the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network recognized Christy with the 30 for the Future award for his community service and business leadership.
Christy is shown above with his wife, Brittany, and three of their four children.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016