Akron Rotary inducts president
|Photo courtesy of Akron Rotary|
Christy sold his social media marketing agency Christy Creative LLC at the end of 2013 and recently started Focal Point Social Media with his partner, Mark Krohn, from venture capital company Acquire Investments.
Christy also has launched Beckett’s Buddies, a fundraising group to support those with Down syndrome, in honor of his 4-year-old son, Beckett. He regularly donates a portion of his company revenues to the Up Side of Downs, a nonprofit advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome in Northeast Ohio, according to Rotary officials.
Christy has served as the Chili Open co-chairman, PR chairman and president-elect. Additionally, he serves on the board of Stand Up for Downs, United Disability Services, The LuMind Foundation (Down syndrome cognition research) and The Rotary Camp for Children With Special Needs. He also is involved in the United Way of Summit County as a member of the Young Leaders Society and the Tocqueville Society, where he serves on the cabinet.
Christy has been bestowed with the Greater Akron Small Business Councils Excellence in Business — Emerging Business award, the Distinguished Sales and Marketing Executive Award from SMEI, and is a member of the 31st class of Leadership Akron.
In 2012, the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network recognized Christy with the 30 for the Future award for his community service and business leadership.
Christy is shown above with his wife, Brittany, and three of their four children.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014