Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
MEDINA — Each year the Summer Enrichment Program of the Medina County Schools’ Education Service Center (MCSESC) Special Needs Initiative holds a sno-cone sale for different charities. This year’s proceeds from the sale, which totaled $146.15, will be contributed to the Friends of the Medina County Parks for the inclusive playground that will be built at Carolyn Ludwig Mugrage Park, located at 4985 Windfall Road in Granger.
The MCSESC Summer Enrichment Program is held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and is designed for 10- to 14-year-old students who can benefit from a structured and relevant small-group environment with a focus on building personal and social confidence. The program is structured to provide students who struggle with social situations a vehicle to practice social skills within a small-group setting and opportunities to generalize those skills in the community. The six-week program is classroom-based for three days per week and community-based one day per week. Students work with an intervention specialist, a board certified behavior analyst, a speech therapist and an occupational therapist provided by ABC Therapy.
These classes are directed by Rachel Krauss, director of special needs initiatives, and taught by Growing Tree Preschool teacher Christina Combs.
For details, contact Rachel Krauss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-723-6393, ext. 137.
More Community News
- Sewer bill relief options debated
- Firestone alums get last, first looks at schools
- Council learns of drug treatment options
- Plusquellic steps back into spotlight
- Copley-Fairlawn D.A.R.E. impact shows in essays
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls Council honors Acme with street naming award
- Trustees hear updated plan for Cuyahoga Falls-Boston JEDD area
- Norton Council discusses proposed donation of cemetery
- Falls mayor to unveil new city logo
- Richfield trustees proceed with road levy
- Granger trustees discuss zoning issues
- Food sensitivities explored
- Norton Kiwanis welcomes member, presents check
- Norton officials participate in Special Olympics Torch Run
Calendar of Events
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path CLC Students - 6/30/2016
- Members’ Show - 6/30/2016
- Summer Basketball Skills Camp - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path Community Learning Center Students - 6/30/2016