Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
MEDINA — Each year the Summer Enrichment Program of the Medina County Schools’ Education Service Center (MCSESC) Special Needs Initiative holds a sno-cone sale for different charities. This year’s proceeds from the sale, which totaled $146.15, will be contributed to the Friends of the Medina County Parks for the inclusive playground that will be built at Carolyn Ludwig Mugrage Park, located at 4985 Windfall Road in Granger.
The MCSESC Summer Enrichment Program is held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and is designed for 10- to 14-year-old students who can benefit from a structured and relevant small-group environment with a focus on building personal and social confidence. The program is structured to provide students who struggle with social situations a vehicle to practice social skills within a small-group setting and opportunities to generalize those skills in the community. The six-week program is classroom-based for three days per week and community-based one day per week. Students work with an intervention specialist, a board certified behavior analyst, a speech therapist and an occupational therapist provided by ABC Therapy.
These classes are directed by Rachel Krauss, director of special needs initiatives, and taught by Growing Tree Preschool teacher Christina Combs.
For details, contact Rachel Krauss at email@example.com or 330-723-6393, ext. 137.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017