Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
MEDINA — Each year the Summer Enrichment Program of the Medina County Schools’ Education Service Center (MCSESC) Special Needs Initiative holds a sno-cone sale for different charities. This year’s proceeds from the sale, which totaled $146.15, will be contributed to the Friends of the Medina County Parks for the inclusive playground that will be built at Carolyn Ludwig Mugrage Park, located at 4985 Windfall Road in Granger.
The MCSESC Summer Enrichment Program is held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and is designed for 10- to 14-year-old students who can benefit from a structured and relevant small-group environment with a focus on building personal and social confidence. The program is structured to provide students who struggle with social situations a vehicle to practice social skills within a small-group setting and opportunities to generalize those skills in the community. The six-week program is classroom-based for three days per week and community-based one day per week. Students work with an intervention specialist, a board certified behavior analyst, a speech therapist and an occupational therapist provided by ABC Therapy.
These classes are directed by Rachel Krauss, director of special needs initiatives, and taught by Growing Tree Preschool teacher Christina Combs.
For details, contact Rachel Krauss at email@example.com or 330-723-6393, ext. 137.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/21/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017