Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
MEDINA — Each year the Summer Enrichment Program of the Medina County Schools’ Education Service Center (MCSESC) Special Needs Initiative holds a sno-cone sale for different charities. This year’s proceeds from the sale, which totaled $146.15, will be contributed to the Friends of the Medina County Parks for the inclusive playground that will be built at Carolyn Ludwig Mugrage Park, located at 4985 Windfall Road in Granger.
The MCSESC Summer Enrichment Program is held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and is designed for 10- to 14-year-old students who can benefit from a structured and relevant small-group environment with a focus on building personal and social confidence. The program is structured to provide students who struggle with social situations a vehicle to practice social skills within a small-group setting and opportunities to generalize those skills in the community. The six-week program is classroom-based for three days per week and community-based one day per week. Students work with an intervention specialist, a board certified behavior analyst, a speech therapist and an occupational therapist provided by ABC Therapy.
These classes are directed by Rachel Krauss, director of special needs initiatives, and taught by Growing Tree Preschool teacher Christina Combs.
For details, contact Rachel Krauss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-723-6393, ext. 137.
More Community News
- City reports sewer savings after plan altered
- Tour offers peek into Copley landmark
- Akron tree ordinance sprouting changes
- Norton district returns to ballot for operating funds
- All welcome at GASP luncheon
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council OKs first set of employee contracts
- Council approves pump station location change
- Norton citizens mount referendum campaign on sewer transfer
- Council OKs Woodridge, Portage Crossing construction plans
- Copley trustees increase cemetery capacity with columbarium
- Richfield officials honor garden club for 80 years of service
- Trustees hear update on recycling program
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Falls Farmers Market - 9/30/2016
- Glass and Found Object Sculpture - 9/30/2016
- The Babys - 9/30/2016
- Dueling Pianos to benefit the Battered Women’s Shelter - 9/30/2016
- Empty Bowl Dinner to benefit Good Neighbors of Cuyahoga Falls - 9/30/2016