Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
MEDINA — Each year the Summer Enrichment Program of the Medina County Schools’ Education Service Center (MCSESC) Special Needs Initiative holds a sno-cone sale for different charities. This year’s proceeds from the sale, which totaled $146.15, will be contributed to the Friends of the Medina County Parks for the inclusive playground that will be built at Carolyn Ludwig Mugrage Park, located at 4985 Windfall Road in Granger.
The MCSESC Summer Enrichment Program is held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and is designed for 10- to 14-year-old students who can benefit from a structured and relevant small-group environment with a focus on building personal and social confidence. The program is structured to provide students who struggle with social situations a vehicle to practice social skills within a small-group setting and opportunities to generalize those skills in the community. The six-week program is classroom-based for three days per week and community-based one day per week. Students work with an intervention specialist, a board certified behavior analyst, a speech therapist and an occupational therapist provided by ABC Therapy.
These classes are directed by Rachel Krauss, director of special needs initiatives, and taught by Growing Tree Preschool teacher Christina Combs.
For details, contact Rachel Krauss at email@example.com or 330-723-6393, ext. 137.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016