Allís fair at annual Summit County event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The annual event, presented July 22-27 at the Summit County Fairgrounds by the Summit County Agricultural Society, gives farmers an opportunity to display their livestock and allows 4-H members to showcase their projects. One of the farm-related activities at the fair included a pig race, shown at top with visitors cheering on the racers.
Jeremy Goodwin, of New Franklin, also participated in the fair and is shown at right top with his rooster, Oliver, outside the chicken barn.
The fair also provided plenty of family-oriented activities, including demonstrations from the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, motocross, a demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, eating contests and more.
Shown at right bottom are some of the rides available at the fair.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings donít dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Childrenís Hospitalís Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017