Allís fair at annual Summit County event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The annual event, presented July 22-27 at the Summit County Fairgrounds by the Summit County Agricultural Society, gives farmers an opportunity to display their livestock and allows 4-H members to showcase their projects. One of the farm-related activities at the fair included a pig race, shown at top with visitors cheering on the racers.
Jeremy Goodwin, of New Franklin, also participated in the fair and is shown at right top with his rooster, Oliver, outside the chicken barn.
The fair also provided plenty of family-oriented activities, including demonstrations from the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, motocross, a demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, eating contests and more.
Shown at right bottom are some of the rides available at the fair.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatoriumís deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014