Copley police, fire, CERT practice search methods
Shown at top during the exercise is a University Hospitals of Cleveland MedEvac helicopter amid a crowd of CERT members. The helicopter was piloted by Chris Conn, of Norton, and crewed by flight nurse Amy Roden, of Dover, and Dave Conley, of Jackson.
Copley Police Department officer Jack Simone is pictured below instructing the Copley CERT volunteers on ground search techniques for the two exercises, which included a 3-year-old girl who disappeared from a family reunion and an older man with Alzheimer’s disease.
Copley CERT volunteers participating in the training search are shown above right from front to back, Nimi Krishnan, Jeremy Jivan, Bill Daniel and Kim Rodenbeck.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Democratic mayoral candidates debate
- Buchtel students visit Kenya via biostatistics program
- Grether resigns, special election needed in Norton
- APD officers engaging in ‘park and walk’ effort
- County looking to become more immigrant-friendly
- West Side News & Notes
- Scouts stage ‘buy-in’ to support Circle K
- Bhutanese community learning about Akron
- Service building project to go out for bids
- Copley to award trash hauler contract next month
- Representative discusses services of Renacci’s office
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015