Residents gather for Bath Community Day
The parade, which included about 50 groups, proceeded down North Cleveland-Massillon Road to West Bath Road. Al Smesko, served as grand marshal.
Some parade participants, including Bath Police Department Officer Benjamin Falconet, shown below with daughter Chloe Falconet, 5, in the back seat, threw candy to children as they passed by.
After the parade, additional events took place at Bath Community Activity Center. A large tented area housed booths of community organizations whose members provided information and giveaways. The day also included music, the Bath Gamma Garden Club’s Wacky Planter Contest, a Best Pooch contest, a cross country race, games and more.
Residents also were invited to become part of a Community Tree. Shown above right are Don Firca painting a leaf on a picture of a tree as his son, Joe, 3, and daughter, Sydney, 7, watch. They also got to sign their names in the grass of the picture.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016