Residents gather for Bath Community Day
The parade, which included about 50 groups, proceeded down North Cleveland-Massillon Road to West Bath Road. Al Smesko, served as grand marshal.
Some parade participants, including Bath Police Department Officer Benjamin Falconet, shown below with daughter Chloe Falconet, 5, in the back seat, threw candy to children as they passed by.
After the parade, additional events took place at Bath Community Activity Center. A large tented area housed booths of community organizations whose members provided information and giveaways. The day also included music, the Bath Gamma Garden Club’s Wacky Planter Contest, a Best Pooch contest, a cross country race, games and more.
Residents also were invited to become part of a Community Tree. Shown above right are Don Firca painting a leaf on a picture of a tree as his son, Joe, 3, and daughter, Sydney, 7, watch. They also got to sign their names in the grass of the picture.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015