Copley Heritage Day fun not dampened by rain
Shown at bottom is Jessica Bender, of Copley, serving an ear of roasted corn to Hank Pavkov, of Wadsworth. Bender is the daughter of Kim and Mark Bender, owner of Bender’s Farm, one of the Heritage Day vendors at Copley Circle.
Shown at top is Donna Raymond, of Barberton, and her friend, Debbie Rudulph, of Virginia, on a sidewalk at Copley Circle, visited with food vendors, crafters and local businesses who set up booths on the Circle.
Newlyweds Pete and Danielle (Kinney) Valentine stopped by the celebration on their way from Grace Church, where they were married, to their backyard reception in Copley. The couple had photographs taken with a Copley fire truck, shown at right top, and had their first dance in the gazebo at Copley Circle. The new Mr. and Mrs. Valentine will live in Copley.
The Heritage Day Kids’ Zone at CFMS was home to a number of free activities for children, including soccer and tennis activities hosted by the Copley-Fairlawn Athletic Association. Shown at right bottom, from left, Paige Brenner, 13, of Copley; Morgan Mirman, 13, of Copley; Mason Jasiunas, 5, of Copley; Owen Paul, 4, of Fairlawn; and Haylie Mirman, 13, of Copley gave tennis a try on the driveway of CFMS.
— By Pam Lifke
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014