Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- City reports sewer savings after plan altered
- Tour offers peek into Copley landmark
- Akron tree ordinance sprouting changes
- Norton district returns to ballot for operating funds
- All welcome at GASP luncheon
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council OKs first set of employee contracts
- Council approves pump station location change
- Norton citizens mount referendum campaign on sewer transfer
- Council OKs Woodridge, Portage Crossing construction plans
- Copley trustees increase cemetery capacity with columbarium
- Richfield officials honor garden club for 80 years of service
- Trustees hear update on recycling program
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 9/29/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales: 6 to 24 months - 9/29/2016
- Watercolor Screen Printing - 9/29/2016
- Tales Alive: ages 2-5 - 9/29/2016
- The University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 9/29/2016