Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Dick Cooper Holiday Concert - 12/5/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band and Chorus Holiday Concert: - 12/5/2016
- Elf on a Shelf - 12/5/2016
- Cardio Hike - 12/5/2016
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016