Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014