Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014