Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Democratic mayoral candidates debate
- Buchtel students visit Kenya via biostatistics program
- Grether resigns, special election needed in Norton
- APD officers engaging in ‘park and walk’ effort
- County looking to become more immigrant-friendly
- West Side News & Notes
- Scouts stage ‘buy-in’ to support Circle K
- Bhutanese community learning about Akron
- Service building project to go out for bids
- Copley to award trash hauler contract next month
- Representative discusses services of Renacci’s office
Calendar of Events
- Author Visit: Judith Fertig - 8/27/2015
- “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” - 8/27/2015
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015