Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014