Rock the Docks entertains in Springfield
The annual event included carnival fare from a variety of vendors, some of which are shown at top.
Children were also able to have some fun aboard some unique rides, such as the one pictured at right top.
Other activities included a giant plastic bubble in which children were able to roll around in. Shown at right bottom is 6-year-old Charles Beck, a first-grader at Uniontown Elementary School.
Visitors to the event also were entertained by live performances at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Shown below is the 7th Street Band entertaining the crowd.
Area residents also enjoyed pontoon boat rides on the lake and fireworks Aug. 2.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Akron Council taps Forney for at-large seat
- Fairlawn fireworks brighten skies
- Artistry displayed as Stan Hywet wall rebuilt
- Faith Lutheran welcoming St. John/St. Paul to its congregation
- West Hill wall gets artistic touch
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Norton officers run for Special Olympics
- Juvenile Court’s Detention Center receives accreditation
- Bath trustees approve 2016 budget
- Boston officials considering police levy for November ballot
- Richfield trustees give construction go-ahead
- Sharon residents express concerns about flooding
- SCCS’ Citizens Advisory Committee hosts awards event
Calendar of Events
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 7/2/2015
- Mudpies Clay Class: for parents and children ages 3-5 - 7/2/2015
- Stroller Hike: parents and children up to age 7 - 7/2/2015
- “Yankee Doodle Dandy” - 7/2/2015
- Amazing Circles - 7/2/2015