Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
Among the family-friendly activities were Mr. Puppet, a bubble gum bubble-blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and all-day music with dancing.
At bottom, Matthew Pierson and his son Shane Pierson, 1, of Richfield, participated in the frog jumping contest, cheering their frog to a 10-foot, 3-inch jump.
Young philanthropist Giovanni Lucarelli, 8, of Bath, at left, shot a hole-in-one and won $50 that he donated back to the community day organization.
At top, children lined up to take their turn at the fish pond game sponsored by the Richfield Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library. From left, Ashley Scolaro, 10, of Akron, and Tabitha Way, 10, of Norton, wait for Kenzie McDermott, 9, of Richfield, to hook her fish. McDermott was one of hundreds of children who have won prizes in the fishpond’s 36-year history.
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
More Community News
- RNC delegates expected to stay in area
- New Firestone/Litchfield CLC nearing completion
- Akron Council hears juvenile court program info
- County Council gets health report from SCPH
- West Side News & Notes
- Towpath bridge investigation continues
- Falls Council honors student for generosity
- Norton Council discusses public health issues, sewer project
- Copley trustees move time of meetings
- Richfield Council considering agreement with Briarwood
- Richfield trustees thank out-going employee
- Granger officials respond to cemetery complaint
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron BassoonaRoo - 4/29/2016
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to benefit the Rape Crisis Center - 4/29/2016
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron Dance Company Spring Concert - 4/29/2016