Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
Among the family-friendly activities were Mr. Puppet, a bubble gum bubble-blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and all-day music with dancing.
At bottom, Matthew Pierson and his son Shane Pierson, 1, of Richfield, participated in the frog jumping contest, cheering their frog to a 10-foot, 3-inch jump.
Young philanthropist Giovanni Lucarelli, 8, of Bath, at left, shot a hole-in-one and won $50 that he donated back to the community day organization.
At top, children lined up to take their turn at the fish pond game sponsored by the Richfield Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library. From left, Ashley Scolaro, 10, of Akron, and Tabitha Way, 10, of Norton, wait for Kenzie McDermott, 9, of Richfield, to hook her fish. McDermott was one of hundreds of children who have won prizes in the fishpond’s 36-year history.
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014