Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
Among the family-friendly activities were Mr. Puppet, a bubble gum bubble-blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and all-day music with dancing.
At bottom, Matthew Pierson and his son Shane Pierson, 1, of Richfield, participated in the frog jumping contest, cheering their frog to a 10-foot, 3-inch jump.
Young philanthropist Giovanni Lucarelli, 8, of Bath, at left, shot a hole-in-one and won $50 that he donated back to the community day organization.
At top, children lined up to take their turn at the fish pond game sponsored by the Richfield Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library. From left, Ashley Scolaro, 10, of Akron, and Tabitha Way, 10, of Norton, wait for Kenzie McDermott, 9, of Richfield, to hook her fish. McDermott was one of hundreds of children who have won prizes in the fishpond’s 36-year history.
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 2/22/2017