Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
Among the family-friendly activities were Mr. Puppet, a bubble gum bubble-blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and all-day music with dancing.
At bottom, Matthew Pierson and his son Shane Pierson, 1, of Richfield, participated in the frog jumping contest, cheering their frog to a 10-foot, 3-inch jump.
Young philanthropist Giovanni Lucarelli, 8, of Bath, at left, shot a hole-in-one and won $50 that he donated back to the community day organization.
At top, children lined up to take their turn at the fish pond game sponsored by the Richfield Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library. From left, Ashley Scolaro, 10, of Akron, and Tabitha Way, 10, of Norton, wait for Kenzie McDermott, 9, of Richfield, to hook her fish. McDermott was one of hundreds of children who have won prizes in the fishpond’s 36-year history.
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
More Community News
- West Market site to include fourth building
- BioBlitz deemed success at national park
- Sheriff’s Office providing aid during RNC
- Memorial Day parades, ceremonies planned
- West Side News & Notes
- Mitzvah Day volunteers take on projects
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Falls may extend agreements for Menards
- Norton Council considers cell tower lease agreement
- Granger trustees discuss fiscal matters
- Richfield Council hopes charity continues
- Crowell Hilaka lake to be assessed
- Copley police sergeants promoted
Calendar of Events
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Patrick Woods - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” - 5/26/2016
- Adult Ballet: Beginners class - 5/26/2016