Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
Among the family-friendly activities were Mr. Puppet, a bubble gum bubble-blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and all-day music with dancing.
At bottom, Matthew Pierson and his son Shane Pierson, 1, of Richfield, participated in the frog jumping contest, cheering their frog to a 10-foot, 3-inch jump.
Young philanthropist Giovanni Lucarelli, 8, of Bath, at left, shot a hole-in-one and won $50 that he donated back to the community day organization.
At top, children lined up to take their turn at the fish pond game sponsored by the Richfield Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library. From left, Ashley Scolaro, 10, of Akron, and Tabitha Way, 10, of Norton, wait for Kenzie McDermott, 9, of Richfield, to hook her fish. McDermott was one of hundreds of children who have won prizes in the fishpond’s 36-year history.
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Moustache Yourself - 7/28/2016
- Ryan Humbert - 7/28/2016
- Small Footprint: Upcycling - 7/28/2016
- Drop-In Nature Crafts - 7/28/2016
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” - 7/28/2016