Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
Among the family-friendly activities were Mr. Puppet, a bubble gum bubble-blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and all-day music with dancing.
At bottom, Matthew Pierson and his son Shane Pierson, 1, of Richfield, participated in the frog jumping contest, cheering their frog to a 10-foot, 3-inch jump.
Young philanthropist Giovanni Lucarelli, 8, of Bath, at left, shot a hole-in-one and won $50 that he donated back to the community day organization.
At top, children lined up to take their turn at the fish pond game sponsored by the Richfield Branch of the Akron-Summit County Public Library. From left, Ashley Scolaro, 10, of Akron, and Tabitha Way, 10, of Norton, wait for Kenzie McDermott, 9, of Richfield, to hook her fish. McDermott was one of hundreds of children who have won prizes in the fishpond’s 36-year history.
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014