Red Cross names interim chapter executive
|Photo courtesy of American Red Cross of Northeast Ohio|
“I am excited to be able to serve the American Red Cross, and the communities of Summit, Portage and Medina counties, in this capacity,” said D’Attoma, of West Akron.
According to Red Cross officials, D’Attoma has worked for 14 years at local and regional nonprofits and has experience in executive planning, management, direct fundraising, board development, strategy and nonprofit development including major gifts, direct marketing, capital campaigns and annual giving. Prior to working at the American Red Cross, she was director of development at the Community Health Center in Akron, served as development manager of Goodwill Industries, was annual campaign director of the Akron Area YMCA and director of special events and community director for the March of Dimes.
D’Attoma graduated from The University of Akron.
The Summit County Chapter was founded in 1916. The branches of Summit County and Portage County Red Cross combined into a single chapter in 2009, and the Medina County chapter, founded in 1917, joined that organization in July, when Medina County Chapter Executive Beth Kilchenman retired with 27 years of service to the Red Cross, according to Red Cross officials. The union of the chapters not only ensures consistent services and maximizes donated dollars in support of the Red Cross mission to alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies, but it also allows equipment, as well as staff and volunteers’ skill sets, to be shared seamlessly, according to Red Cross officials.
Representatives from both chapter boards are forming a new board of directors committed to providing the same high-quality service delivery to all three counties as in the past, according to Red Cross officials. Volunteers will continue to be embedded.
Red Cross officials also noted that the Red Cross will continue to honor donor intent for specific programs, events and communities.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Migration: for ages 3-6 - 5/29/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society - 5/29/2015
- Any Way You Want It with Broken Promise - 5/29/2015
- Full Moon Fever with Mo Mojo - 5/29/2015
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015