Red Cross names interim chapter executive
|Photo courtesy of American Red Cross of Northeast Ohio|
“I am excited to be able to serve the American Red Cross, and the communities of Summit, Portage and Medina counties, in this capacity,” said D’Attoma, of West Akron.
According to Red Cross officials, D’Attoma has worked for 14 years at local and regional nonprofits and has experience in executive planning, management, direct fundraising, board development, strategy and nonprofit development including major gifts, direct marketing, capital campaigns and annual giving. Prior to working at the American Red Cross, she was director of development at the Community Health Center in Akron, served as development manager of Goodwill Industries, was annual campaign director of the Akron Area YMCA and director of special events and community director for the March of Dimes.
D’Attoma graduated from The University of Akron.
The Summit County Chapter was founded in 1916. The branches of Summit County and Portage County Red Cross combined into a single chapter in 2009, and the Medina County chapter, founded in 1917, joined that organization in July, when Medina County Chapter Executive Beth Kilchenman retired with 27 years of service to the Red Cross, according to Red Cross officials. The union of the chapters not only ensures consistent services and maximizes donated dollars in support of the Red Cross mission to alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies, but it also allows equipment, as well as staff and volunteers’ skill sets, to be shared seamlessly, according to Red Cross officials.
Representatives from both chapter boards are forming a new board of directors committed to providing the same high-quality service delivery to all three counties as in the past, according to Red Cross officials. Volunteers will continue to be embedded.
Red Cross officials also noted that the Red Cross will continue to honor donor intent for specific programs, events and communities.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016