Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
|Hillary Sharma is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, 120 pounds and has brown hair and eyes.|
|Photo courtesy of Cuyahoga Valley National Park|
According to Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) officials, some of Sharma’s personal items were found in a remote area north of Boston along the river, and paddlers assisting in the search are asked to look for any out-of-the-ordinary items.
Paddlers should be aware of hazards on the Cuyahoga River, including an impassable low-head dam just north of Station Road and potential poor water quality, according to park officials. For more information on water quality, visit www.nps.gov/cuva/naturescience/waterquality.htm.
The Eastlake Police Department issued an alert regarding Sharma’s disappearance Aug. 22. That evening, shortly after midnight, her car was located at Boston Store Visitor Center in Peninsula, according to CVNP officials.
Since then, search teams have included ground teams with search dogs, horse patrols, boats on the Cuyahoga River and a helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft, according to park officials.
The search is being led by a joint incident command including the National Park Service, Valley Fire District and Brecksville Fire Department. Investigators also are hoping to determine why Sharma is missing, according to CVNP officials.
Anyone with information about Sharma is asked to call the National Park dispatch office at 440-546-5945.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014