Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
|Hillary Sharma is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, 120 pounds and has brown hair and eyes.|
|Photo courtesy of Cuyahoga Valley National Park|
According to Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) officials, some of Sharma’s personal items were found in a remote area north of Boston along the river, and paddlers assisting in the search are asked to look for any out-of-the-ordinary items.
Paddlers should be aware of hazards on the Cuyahoga River, including an impassable low-head dam just north of Station Road and potential poor water quality, according to park officials. For more information on water quality, visit www.nps.gov/cuva/naturescience/waterquality.htm.
The Eastlake Police Department issued an alert regarding Sharma’s disappearance Aug. 22. That evening, shortly after midnight, her car was located at Boston Store Visitor Center in Peninsula, according to CVNP officials.
Since then, search teams have included ground teams with search dogs, horse patrols, boats on the Cuyahoga River and a helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft, according to park officials.
The search is being led by a joint incident command including the National Park Service, Valley Fire District and Brecksville Fire Department. Investigators also are hoping to determine why Sharma is missing, according to CVNP officials.
Anyone with information about Sharma is asked to call the National Park dispatch office at 440-546-5945.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014