Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
|Hillary Sharma is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, 120 pounds and has brown hair and eyes.|
|Photo courtesy of Cuyahoga Valley National Park|
According to Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) officials, some of Sharma’s personal items were found in a remote area north of Boston along the river, and paddlers assisting in the search are asked to look for any out-of-the-ordinary items.
Paddlers should be aware of hazards on the Cuyahoga River, including an impassable low-head dam just north of Station Road and potential poor water quality, according to park officials. For more information on water quality, visit www.nps.gov/cuva/naturescience/waterquality.htm.
The Eastlake Police Department issued an alert regarding Sharma’s disappearance Aug. 22. That evening, shortly after midnight, her car was located at Boston Store Visitor Center in Peninsula, according to CVNP officials.
Since then, search teams have included ground teams with search dogs, horse patrols, boats on the Cuyahoga River and a helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft, according to park officials.
The search is being led by a joint incident command including the National Park Service, Valley Fire District and Brecksville Fire Department. Investigators also are hoping to determine why Sharma is missing, according to CVNP officials.
Anyone with information about Sharma is asked to call the National Park dispatch office at 440-546-5945.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014