Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
Art-A-palooza is presented by the Green Arts Council, which was established in 2003 to promote participation in and appreciation for the arts in Green, according to its website, www.greenartscouncil.org. The organization also offers a variety of art classes in late winter and early spring.
Pictured at top are Nadeen Green, of Green, and her two sons, Dominick, 4, and Henry, 1, examining the new sculpture created by artist Kristina Malcolm.
One of the artist vendors at the event included photographer Mary Waters, of Akron. She is shown above right, at right, next to Lisa Zook and Ina Zook, both of Medina, helping them selects prints.
The event also offered a variety of children’s activities. Shown below is 12-year-old Moran McNabb, visiting from Michigan, at one of those activities.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016