Local officials gather for YMCA Legislative Breakfast
|Photos courtesy of the Akron Area YMCA|
Officials heard about the impact the YMCA is making on communities it serves.
Shown above, from left, at the breakfast event are: Akron Area YMCA President and CEO Doug Kohl, Summit County Executive Russ Pry, state Rep. Anthony DeVitis (R-District 37) and YMCA Camp Y-Noah Executive Director Mike Ohl.
“YMCAs are uniquely positioned to bring about meaningful, lasting change to the communities we serve,” said Jeff Kline, first vice-chair of the Akron Area YMCA Board of Trustees. “Ys across the U.S. identify and meet the community’s most pressing needs in the areas of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Regional YMCA Legislative breakfast provides an opportunity for leaders to hear first-hand the impact of the Y as a charitable organization strengthening the communities we serve.”
For more details on the YMCA, visit www.akronymca.org or call 330-376-1335.
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016