Tickets available for Polsky Award dinner honoring Andreoli
FAIRLAWN — Tickets are available for the 2014 Bert A. Polsky Humanitarian Award dinner honoring local hotelier and philanthropist Rennick Andreoli.
Tickets for the Oct. 14 event at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn start at $150 and are available at www.regonline.com/Polsky. The event will begin with cocktails at 6 p.m. followed with dinner at 7 p.m. The featured speaker is former Akron Deputy Mayor Dave Lieberth.
Andreoli is the 47th recipient of the award, given each year to the individual or couple who best exemplifies Bert Polsky’s selfless dedication to humanitarian causes in Akron, according to Akron Community Foundation (ACF) officials. Polsky was former president of Polsky’s Department Store and a founding trustee of ACF, officials said.
Well known for charitable work ranging from health care to education, Andreoli recently helped raise more than $3.5 million to renovate the Akron Rotary Camp in New Franklin, which serves children with special needs and their families, according to ACF officials.
Andreoli has served on the boards of Akron Rotary Camp, ACF, Akron Art Museum, Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens and the Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Family Cancer Foundation, according to ACF officials.
Event proceeds will benefit ACF, a 501(c)(3) public charity that improves the quality of life in Greater Akron by building community philanthropy, according to ACF officials.
For more information or to request a printed invitation, contact De Shawn Pickett at 330-376-8522.
Pam Lifke contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016