Tickets available for Polsky Award dinner honoring Andreoli
FAIRLAWN — Tickets are available for the 2014 Bert A. Polsky Humanitarian Award dinner honoring local hotelier and philanthropist Rennick Andreoli.
Tickets for the Oct. 14 event at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn start at $150 and are available at www.regonline.com/Polsky. The event will begin with cocktails at 6 p.m. followed with dinner at 7 p.m. The featured speaker is former Akron Deputy Mayor Dave Lieberth.
Andreoli is the 47th recipient of the award, given each year to the individual or couple who best exemplifies Bert Polsky’s selfless dedication to humanitarian causes in Akron, according to Akron Community Foundation (ACF) officials. Polsky was former president of Polsky’s Department Store and a founding trustee of ACF, officials said.
Well known for charitable work ranging from health care to education, Andreoli recently helped raise more than $3.5 million to renovate the Akron Rotary Camp in New Franklin, which serves children with special needs and their families, according to ACF officials.
Andreoli has served on the boards of Akron Rotary Camp, ACF, Akron Art Museum, Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens and the Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Family Cancer Foundation, according to ACF officials.
Event proceeds will benefit ACF, a 501(c)(3) public charity that improves the quality of life in Greater Akron by building community philanthropy, according to ACF officials.
For more information or to request a printed invitation, contact De Shawn Pickett at 330-376-8522.
Pam Lifke contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014