Tickets available for Polsky Award dinner honoring Andreoli
FAIRLAWN — Tickets are available for the 2014 Bert A. Polsky Humanitarian Award dinner honoring local hotelier and philanthropist Rennick Andreoli.
Tickets for the Oct. 14 event at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn start at $150 and are available at www.regonline.com/Polsky. The event will begin with cocktails at 6 p.m. followed with dinner at 7 p.m. The featured speaker is former Akron Deputy Mayor Dave Lieberth.
Andreoli is the 47th recipient of the award, given each year to the individual or couple who best exemplifies Bert Polsky’s selfless dedication to humanitarian causes in Akron, according to Akron Community Foundation (ACF) officials. Polsky was former president of Polsky’s Department Store and a founding trustee of ACF, officials said.
Well known for charitable work ranging from health care to education, Andreoli recently helped raise more than $3.5 million to renovate the Akron Rotary Camp in New Franklin, which serves children with special needs and their families, according to ACF officials.
Andreoli has served on the boards of Akron Rotary Camp, ACF, Akron Art Museum, Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens and the Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Family Cancer Foundation, according to ACF officials.
Event proceeds will benefit ACF, a 501(c)(3) public charity that improves the quality of life in Greater Akron by building community philanthropy, according to ACF officials.
For more information or to request a printed invitation, contact De Shawn Pickett at 330-376-8522.
Pam Lifke contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014