Tickets available for Polsky Award dinner honoring Andreoli
FAIRLAWN — Tickets are available for the 2014 Bert A. Polsky Humanitarian Award dinner honoring local hotelier and philanthropist Rennick Andreoli.
Tickets for the Oct. 14 event at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn start at $150 and are available at www.regonline.com/Polsky. The event will begin with cocktails at 6 p.m. followed with dinner at 7 p.m. The featured speaker is former Akron Deputy Mayor Dave Lieberth.
Andreoli is the 47th recipient of the award, given each year to the individual or couple who best exemplifies Bert Polsky’s selfless dedication to humanitarian causes in Akron, according to Akron Community Foundation (ACF) officials. Polsky was former president of Polsky’s Department Store and a founding trustee of ACF, officials said.
Well known for charitable work ranging from health care to education, Andreoli recently helped raise more than $3.5 million to renovate the Akron Rotary Camp in New Franklin, which serves children with special needs and their families, according to ACF officials.
Andreoli has served on the boards of Akron Rotary Camp, ACF, Akron Art Museum, Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens and the Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Family Cancer Foundation, according to ACF officials.
Event proceeds will benefit ACF, a 501(c)(3) public charity that improves the quality of life in Greater Akron by building community philanthropy, according to ACF officials.
For more information or to request a printed invitation, contact De Shawn Pickett at 330-376-8522.
Pam Lifke contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014