Tickets available for Polsky Award dinner honoring Andreoli
FAIRLAWN — Tickets are available for the 2014 Bert A. Polsky Humanitarian Award dinner honoring local hotelier and philanthropist Rennick Andreoli.
Tickets for the Oct. 14 event at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn start at $150 and are available at www.regonline.com/Polsky. The event will begin with cocktails at 6 p.m. followed with dinner at 7 p.m. The featured speaker is former Akron Deputy Mayor Dave Lieberth.
Andreoli is the 47th recipient of the award, given each year to the individual or couple who best exemplifies Bert Polsky’s selfless dedication to humanitarian causes in Akron, according to Akron Community Foundation (ACF) officials. Polsky was former president of Polsky’s Department Store and a founding trustee of ACF, officials said.
Well known for charitable work ranging from health care to education, Andreoli recently helped raise more than $3.5 million to renovate the Akron Rotary Camp in New Franklin, which serves children with special needs and their families, according to ACF officials.
Andreoli has served on the boards of Akron Rotary Camp, ACF, Akron Art Museum, Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens and the Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Family Cancer Foundation, according to ACF officials.
Event proceeds will benefit ACF, a 501(c)(3) public charity that improves the quality of life in Greater Akron by building community philanthropy, according to ACF officials.
For more information or to request a printed invitation, contact De Shawn Pickett at 330-376-8522.
Pam Lifke contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017
- Apollo’s Fire: Virtuoso Bach - 2/20/2017
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/21/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017