Local JA office earns high honors
|Photo courtesy of Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio|
To be eligible for the 5 STAR Award, the organization must grow in student count or contact hours over the previous year, must end the year with a surplus and must meet or exceed standards for debt ratio, current ratio and cash on hand.
“It’s a great honor to receive the 5 STAR Award,” said Michael Gaffney, president of JA of North Central Ohio. “Every day, the staff and board of Junior Achievement demonstrate their dedication and passion to advance the JA mission. Our inspiration comes from the thousands of young people Junior Achievement reaches each year.
“We look forward to impacting an even greater number of students this school year and beyond.”
Gaffney, along with Vice President Donald Sedlock and other local staff members, were on hand to receive the award from JA USA President and CEO Jack Kosakowski at the conference. Shown from left are Kosakowski, Gaffney, Denice Schafer, John Cain, Stacey Nolt and Sedlock.
JA of North Central Ohio has been operating locally since 1964 and has served more than 550,000 kindergarten through 12th-grade students through the implementation of JA’s financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship programs. Serving 12 counties, the JA of North Central Ohio office is located in Akron.
More Community News
- APS superintendent touts academy concept
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Gas pump stickers protect against ‘skimming’
- Staying safe when selling online
- State Sen. Sykes focused on local needs
- West Side News & Notes
- Fairlawn going out for bid on concrete slab program
- Bath trustees expecting faster internet
- Trustees OK conditional use of barns as event centers
- Court honors Cacioppo, Davis
- Wadsworth judge presents Sharon trustees with yearly report
- Akron-Canton Foodbank welcomes new board members
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 2/23/2017
- Yoga for Babies and Tots - 2/23/2017
- Thrift Store Painting with Jen Davis - 2/23/2017
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 2/23/2017
- “Sully” - 2/23/2017