Local JA office earns high honors
|Photo courtesy of Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio|
To be eligible for the 5 STAR Award, the organization must grow in student count or contact hours over the previous year, must end the year with a surplus and must meet or exceed standards for debt ratio, current ratio and cash on hand.
“It’s a great honor to receive the 5 STAR Award,” said Michael Gaffney, president of JA of North Central Ohio. “Every day, the staff and board of Junior Achievement demonstrate their dedication and passion to advance the JA mission. Our inspiration comes from the thousands of young people Junior Achievement reaches each year.
“We look forward to impacting an even greater number of students this school year and beyond.”
Gaffney, along with Vice President Donald Sedlock and other local staff members, were on hand to receive the award from JA USA President and CEO Jack Kosakowski at the conference. Shown from left are Kosakowski, Gaffney, Denice Schafer, John Cain, Stacey Nolt and Sedlock.
JA of North Central Ohio has been operating locally since 1964 and has served more than 550,000 kindergarten through 12th-grade students through the implementation of JA’s financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship programs. Serving 12 counties, the JA of North Central Ohio office is located in Akron.
More Community News
- City reports sewer savings after plan altered
- Tour offers peek into Copley landmark
- Akron tree ordinance sprouting changes
- Norton district returns to ballot for operating funds
- All welcome at GASP luncheon
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council OKs first set of employee contracts
- Council approves pump station location change
- Norton citizens mount referendum campaign on sewer transfer
- Council OKs Woodridge, Portage Crossing construction plans
- Copley trustees increase cemetery capacity with columbarium
- Richfield officials honor garden club for 80 years of service
- Trustees hear update on recycling program
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 9/29/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales: 6 to 24 months - 9/29/2016
- Watercolor Screen Printing - 9/29/2016
- Tales Alive: ages 2-5 - 9/29/2016
- The University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 9/29/2016