Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
SHARON — The Sharon Center Post Office, located at 1332 Sharon-Copley Road, will host a Passport Fair Feb. 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
According to post office officials, the event will offer expanded passport acceptance hours, with extra staffing on hand to assist customers. Officials stated appointments are not needed for this event, and passport photo service will be available.
In addition, officials offered the following guidelines:
- Download and complete a passport application at www.travel.state.gov and bring all six pages to the event;
- bring proof of U.S. citizenship (as shown on the application DS-11) and a photocopy to submit the documentation;
- bring proof of identity, which can include a recently issued U.S. passport; recently issued naturalization certificate; recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government identification or military photo identification;
- bring a photocopy of proof of identity, including the front and back of the identification to be presented at the time of passport acceptance;
- bring a recent passport photograph measuring 2 inches by 2 inches;
Postal Service officials added all applicants for a passport must appear in person, including minors under age 16, who must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization (DS form 3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of a driver’s license from the absent parent is required.
The U.S. State Department provides detailed guidelines for preparing passport applications and supporting documents, as well as current processing times on the above website, said officials.
For details, call the Sharon Post Office at 330-239-1081.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017