Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
In addition, the group collected 473 books that were donated to the United Way of Summit County Page It Forward book drive, with 134 girls from 12 different troops ranging from Daises to Cadettes helping out.
Also, seven troops set up displays about a country and shared facts, food and more, with one pictured above.
There were also “tourist stops” representing Brazil, China, France, Ireland, Italy, Kenya and Laos.
World Thinking Day is hosted by Junior Girl Scout Troop 90913, lead by Christy Solis and Carol Fondran, and chaired by Michelle Fair.
|Photos courtesy of Girl Scout Troop 90913|
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017