Akron Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
|Photo courtesy of J Ryan Photography|
Shown at right is the balloon release that took place during the daylong event.
More than 6,000 dedicated community members participated in the 5K walk to honor and celebrate breast cancer survivors, educate people about the disease and raise funds and awareness.
“Cancer does not go away in tough economic times,” said Alexandra Houser Vukoder, ACS spokesperson. “We are so thankful for how this community has pulled together to ensure that we can continue to serve breast cancer patients and their families here in the Akron area.”
Sponsors of this year’s Akron event included Akron Education Association, Curves, OMNOVA Solutions Inc. and Time Warner Cable. Akron Life and Leisure magazine and WQMX 94.9FM were media sponsors, and Lynn Kelly, from WQMX 94.9FM, emceed the walk for its 10th anniversary.
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Moustache Yourself - 7/28/2016
- Ryan Humbert - 7/28/2016
- Small Footprint: Upcycling - 7/28/2016
- Drop-In Nature Crafts - 7/28/2016
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” - 7/28/2016