Highland robotics team crowned champions
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
All Highland teams made the semi-final rounds, which included Ryan Wilber, Mike Molchan, Ben Rhodes, Chris Maher, Dave Back, Preston Sheeks and Matt Marton. The team of McKenzie Kinzbach, Nathan Colegrove and Josh Bowers made it to the finals, while the team of Patrick Sours, Norman Pearson, Cody Kowalski, Ryan Laubenthal, Scott Turner, Jager Levandoski, Chase Fonte and Ian Messner won the championship match.
Highland is now qualified to compete in April in the World Championships in Anaheim, Calif., where the best robotics teams across the world will compete for the world title. Highland students unable to attend the match on March 3, but who were a part of the teams, were Lazar Vilimonovic, Joe Sablotny and James Kunzler.
Pictured at right from left are Highland VEX Robotics Team champions Scott Turner, Cory Kowalski, Ian Messner, Jager Levandoski, Ryan Laubenthal, Chase Fonte, Patrick Sours, teacher and adviser Gus Matheou and Norman Pearson.
More Education News
- Stable financial forecast for Woodridge district
- Norton board hears update on stadium construction
- Highland committee proposes building new elementary schools
- BVS member helps old instruments get second wind
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester board OKs five-year forecast
- Springfield finances secure
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014