Highland robotics team crowned champions
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
All Highland teams made the semi-final rounds, which included Ryan Wilber, Mike Molchan, Ben Rhodes, Chris Maher, Dave Back, Preston Sheeks and Matt Marton. The team of McKenzie Kinzbach, Nathan Colegrove and Josh Bowers made it to the finals, while the team of Patrick Sours, Norman Pearson, Cody Kowalski, Ryan Laubenthal, Scott Turner, Jager Levandoski, Chase Fonte and Ian Messner won the championship match.
Highland is now qualified to compete in April in the World Championships in Anaheim, Calif., where the best robotics teams across the world will compete for the world title. Highland students unable to attend the match on March 3, but who were a part of the teams, were Lazar Vilimonovic, Joe Sablotny and James Kunzler.
Pictured at right from left are Highland VEX Robotics Team champions Scott Turner, Cory Kowalski, Ian Messner, Jager Levandoski, Ryan Laubenthal, Chase Fonte, Patrick Sours, teacher and adviser Gus Matheou and Norman Pearson.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015