Highland robotics team crowned champions
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
All Highland teams made the semi-final rounds, which included Ryan Wilber, Mike Molchan, Ben Rhodes, Chris Maher, Dave Back, Preston Sheeks and Matt Marton. The team of McKenzie Kinzbach, Nathan Colegrove and Josh Bowers made it to the finals, while the team of Patrick Sours, Norman Pearson, Cody Kowalski, Ryan Laubenthal, Scott Turner, Jager Levandoski, Chase Fonte and Ian Messner won the championship match.
Highland is now qualified to compete in April in the World Championships in Anaheim, Calif., where the best robotics teams across the world will compete for the world title. Highland students unable to attend the match on March 3, but who were a part of the teams, were Lazar Vilimonovic, Joe Sablotny and James Kunzler.
Pictured at right from left are Highland VEX Robotics Team champions Scott Turner, Cory Kowalski, Ian Messner, Jager Levandoski, Ryan Laubenthal, Chase Fonte, Patrick Sours, teacher and adviser Gus Matheou and Norman Pearson.
More Education News
- FHS students sail cardboard vessels in annual race
- Firestone, Litchfield construction bids OK’d
- State education mandates on Woodridge agenda
- Principal, district resident receive Pride Awards
- Springfield district continuing site improvements
- Manchester school board honors retiring treasurer
- Treasurer preparing five-year financial forecast
- Fundraiser for Coventry foundation a success
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014