Highland robotics team crowned champions
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
All Highland teams made the semi-final rounds, which included Ryan Wilber, Mike Molchan, Ben Rhodes, Chris Maher, Dave Back, Preston Sheeks and Matt Marton. The team of McKenzie Kinzbach, Nathan Colegrove and Josh Bowers made it to the finals, while the team of Patrick Sours, Norman Pearson, Cody Kowalski, Ryan Laubenthal, Scott Turner, Jager Levandoski, Chase Fonte and Ian Messner won the championship match.
Highland is now qualified to compete in April in the World Championships in Anaheim, Calif., where the best robotics teams across the world will compete for the world title. Highland students unable to attend the match on March 3, but who were a part of the teams, were Lazar Vilimonovic, Joe Sablotny and James Kunzler.
Pictured at right from left are Highland VEX Robotics Team champions Scott Turner, Cory Kowalski, Ian Messner, Jager Levandoski, Ryan Laubenthal, Chase Fonte, Patrick Sours, teacher and adviser Gus Matheou and Norman Pearson.
More Education News
- APS officials not worried about making up snow days
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Norton school board approves contract for treasurer
- St. Hilary School teacher honored
- Revere C.A.R.E. hosting Malley’s fundraiser
- Highland district to benefit from new tax abatement
- Highland Pride Committee accepting nominations
- Snow day issues raised in Akron
- APS to create health career academy
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015