Highland robotics team crowned champions
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
All Highland teams made the semi-final rounds, which included Ryan Wilber, Mike Molchan, Ben Rhodes, Chris Maher, Dave Back, Preston Sheeks and Matt Marton. The team of McKenzie Kinzbach, Nathan Colegrove and Josh Bowers made it to the finals, while the team of Patrick Sours, Norman Pearson, Cody Kowalski, Ryan Laubenthal, Scott Turner, Jager Levandoski, Chase Fonte and Ian Messner won the championship match.
Highland is now qualified to compete in April in the World Championships in Anaheim, Calif., where the best robotics teams across the world will compete for the world title. Highland students unable to attend the match on March 3, but who were a part of the teams, were Lazar Vilimonovic, Joe Sablotny and James Kunzler.
Pictured at right from left are Highland VEX Robotics Team champions Scott Turner, Cory Kowalski, Ian Messner, Jager Levandoski, Ryan Laubenthal, Chase Fonte, Patrick Sours, teacher and adviser Gus Matheou and Norman Pearson.
More Education News
- Akron schools ready to open
- Firestone High School graduate awarded $2,500 scholarship
- Woodridge board, teachers union approve contract
- STVM students win at WEMUN Expo
- Copley-Fairlawn district readies for start of school
- Akron Zoo, APS provide supplies to students
- Project GRAD Akron receives contribution from AT&T
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green officials field questions regarding softball improvements
- Springfield district approves personnel items at special meeting
- Manchester Old School Alumni support scholarship fund
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 8/30/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 8/30/2016
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016