Manchester Schools to use Medicaid process provider
Manchester Local Schools will contract with a provider to oversee the district’s Medicaid program.
Treasurer David Osborne discussed the new program at the Board of Education meeting March 20. Healthcare Process Consulting Inc. (HPC) will process reimbursements for students who are identified with disabilities and receive contracted occupational or physical therapy, in-house speech or language services, nursing service and psychological or licensed guidance help, according to Osborne.
The one-year contract with HPC will cost the district $2,500, said Osborne. HPC also will bill the state monthly for reimbursements to the district, provide training, verify licensing and credentials of providers and assist with state audits.
In other business, board President Rick Sponseller thanked voters who approved the 1-mill permanent improvement levy on the March 6 ballot.
“You keep on giving and giving back to our students so they can have the best education and a safe environment,” he said.
In another matter, the board approved hiring James Morehart as the varsity softball coach. He is a local business owner and longtime coach who has returned to the position, according to district officials.
Also, donations were accepted from the following: $200 for Nolley Elementary School in honor of Shari Gardner, a third-grade teacher who was the 2011 teacher of the year for Summit County; $300 for the Mock Trial from Manchester Alumni Association; and $1,000 to the Manchester Middle School Library from a contest won by sixth-grader Jenna Vincent from 77kids by American Eagle for her extensive volunteer work.
The board adjourned to executive session to discuss employment compensation.
The next meeting will take place April 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the Administration Building, 6075 Manchester Road.
More Education News
- Akron schools ready to open
- Firestone High School graduate awarded $2,500 scholarship
- Woodridge board, teachers union approve contract
- STVM students win at WEMUN Expo
- Copley-Fairlawn district readies for start of school
- Akron Zoo, APS provide supplies to students
- Project GRAD Akron receives contribution from AT&T
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green officials field questions regarding softball improvements
- Springfield district approves personnel items at special meeting
- Manchester Old School Alumni support scholarship fund
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016
- Jazz Under the Stars: Mojo: The Generationís Big Band - 8/27/2016
- Barbara Knight Trio; Artwerk - 8/27/2016
- Catherine Gray Jackson Tribute Exhibition - 8/27/2016