Akron celebrates 100th anniversary of public water system with school event
|Photo courtesy of the city of Akron|
Last September, the Akron Water Department was approached by STEM school teacher Elizabeth Bugner, who wanted to do a problem-based learning exercise on water.
The problem statement for the project was: “How can we as Junior Environmental Scientists sample, test and analyze water samples from targeted watershed sites and educate citizens both within the watershed and within the distribution area about the need to protect our water supply?”
For more on the history of the Akron Water Supply, visit akronohio.gov/PubUtil/WaterSupply/HistoryAWS.pdf.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017