Akron celebrates 100th anniversary of public water system with school event
|Photo courtesy of the city of Akron|
Last September, the Akron Water Department was approached by STEM school teacher Elizabeth Bugner, who wanted to do a problem-based learning exercise on water.
The problem statement for the project was: “How can we as Junior Environmental Scientists sample, test and analyze water samples from targeted watershed sites and educate citizens both within the watershed and within the distribution area about the need to protect our water supply?”
For more on the history of the Akron Water Supply, visit akronohio.gov/PubUtil/WaterSupply/HistoryAWS.pdf.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016
- Lego Club: kindergarten through third grade - 2/10/2016