Green BOE approves final appropriations of year
The Green Local Schools Board of Education handled routine summer matters at the June 18 meeting.
The board approved about $45.4 million as the final appropriations of funds for fiscal year 2012.
“This is the final budget for the year that was approved by the county,” said Treasurer Eydie Snowberger.
The board also approved about $11.4 million as funds for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013.
In other financial matters, the board approved contracts for nursing services for the next three years with no raises for the 2012-13 school year and 2 percent increases for the following two years.
Contracts also were approved for occupational, physical and speech therapy, which are paid from grant funds.
In another matter, New Innovations Inc., of Uniontown, donated four laptops valued at $1,000 to the district.
At the meeting, Keith Lennard, a Green resident and parent of two children who attend St. Francis de Sales School, told the board he appreciated conversations he had with Wendall Jackson, director of operations, about bus scheduling and the district’s willingness to work with St. Francis students.
In other business, the board:
• approved the 2012-13 student handbooks for all five buildings;
• renewed contracts for 26 classified personnel;
• approved the special education policy;
• approved three supplemental contracts;
• hired 19 extended school year teachers to be paid on an as-needed basis for June through July;
• approved the Exchange of Service Agreement with Ashland University for field experiences and internships for the 2012-13 school year; and
• adopted the updated “Ohio Special Education Model Policies and Procedures” from the Ohio Department of Education.
Morgan Estes, who just completed her junior year, was honored at the meeting for being the state champion pole vaulter at the state tournament in Columbus June 2.
Before the meeting, Bruce Johnson, the new athletic director for the district, was introduced at a reception.
The board adjourned to executive session to discuss personnel issues.
The next regular Green school board meeting is scheduled for July 23 at 6:30 p.m. in the Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Spaghetti Dinner - 5/18/2013
- Amadeus Sinfonietta - 5/18/2013
- Book fair - 5/18/2013
- Sounds of Spring - 5/18/2013
- Highland Middle School Art Show - 5/18/2013