Highland Foundation announces 2012 STAR recipients
|Granger Elementary teacher Ellen Harner is shown with the STAR awards she received from students Jake Tecco, at left, and Alyson Hagen, at right.|
|Sharon Elementary teacher Alicia Steinmetz, at right, is pictured with student Haley Brickman and the STAR award she received.|
|Photos courtesy of The Highland Foundation|
Proceeds from the program are used to fund programs the foundation deems unique and innovative learning opportunities for the Highland district and the community. Grants are awarded for classroom innovation, special needs, musical enrichment and artist-in-residences, and for projects and programs that demonstrate creative teaching practices, seek to engage students and explore new and imaginative curriculum ideas.
STAR Award recipients for 2012 included:
• Highland High School employees Ty Damon, Chris Luker, Jamie Holcomb, Devan Lippincott and Tanya Dolata;
• Highland Middle School employees Wendy Shemo, Sandy Schilling, Andy Gopp, Melanie Malquest, Charles Franchetti, Lisa Reynolds, Leanne Svihilik and Jenny Brothers;
• Sharon Elementary School employees Alicia Steinmetz, Kim Dominak, Penny Reed, Kristen Robinson and Barbara McMahon; and
• Granger Elementary School employees Barb Knerem, Ellen Harner, Stacy Tessena, Emily Kaplack, Julie Spaite, Kim Dominak, Carol Grande, Linda Collins, Lindsay Limperos, Terry Wells, Lisa Scherler, Joan Zacharias and Paul Lushes.
Established in 2000, The Highland Foundation is an independent, nonprofit community organization that supports enrichment programs in the Highland Local Schools District. The Foundation is a separate entity from the Highland Board of Education. Since inception, more than $550,000 has been provided for projects in the form of grants. To learn more about the foundation and its programs, visit www.highlandfoundation.org.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Akron Roundtable - 6/20/2013
- Vintage Cars - 6/20/2013
- Trumpet Genesis - 6/20/2013
- Baby Shower - 6/20/2013
- Lost State of Franklin - 6/20/2013