West Side Education News & Notes
Seeds of Learning programs set for September
PENINSULA — Seeds of Learning, a collaborative educational initiative among the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP), Countryside Conservancy, Hale Farm & Village and the National Park Service, was developed to engage families in exploring historic farm properties and learning about locally produced foods, sustainable agriculture and farming history in the Cuyahoga Valley, according to Conservancy for CVNP officials.
The following programs will be offered in September:
• Family Farm Retreat, Sept. 7-8. Participants can enjoy an overnight stay at Stanford House or a nearby campsite, shop at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow and visit Hale Farm & Village the following day. The program includes lunch prepared from local food and participation in farm and garden activities; and
• Stone Soup Mystery Meal, Sept. 29. This half-day program includes shopping at Countryside Farmers’ Market and a visit to Hale Farm & Village to see the re-enactment of the traditional “Stone Soup” tale, followed by a soup and salad lunch.
To register, contact 330-657-2796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- “Calamity Jane” - 5/23/2013
- Book Sale and Bizarre Bazaar - 5/25/2013
- Art Sale - 5/25/2013
- British Drawings From the Cleveland Museum of Art - 5/26/2013
- Collage and Assemblage - 5/27/2013