PLCC Board OKs audit
GREEN — The Portage Lakes Career Center (PLCC) Board of Education was expected to approve an energy engineering study of the school at its Sept. 20 meeting.
According to Principal Ben Moore, Comfort Control Group Energy Solutions Inc. will conduct the study to identify projects to improve efficiencies at the school, and the recommendations will be submitted to the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC), which oversees such renovations, in January. Any improvement work could begin as early as next summer, he added.
“We have original equipment — 35 years old — boilers, single-pane, uninsulated windows and outdated mechanical systems, which actually compete with one another to heat and cool the building,” said Moore. “House Bill 264 allows for interest-free loans to school districts to address efficiency and sustainability efforts by essentially borrowing against the energy savings created by the project itself.”
Moore added the board’s agreement with Comfort Control Group allows for the company to begin a review of the facility and its systems, and to develop a plan for improvements.
Moore said there is no commitment to any specific improvement project at this time.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Concert Band - 5/2/2016
- University of Akron University Band - 5/3/2016
- Local Brew: R. Shea Brewery - 5/3/2016
- Stress and Your Total Wellness Workshop - 5/3/2016
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group: - 5/3/2016