PLCC Board OKs audit
GREEN — The Portage Lakes Career Center (PLCC) Board of Education was expected to approve an energy engineering study of the school at its Sept. 20 meeting.
According to Principal Ben Moore, Comfort Control Group Energy Solutions Inc. will conduct the study to identify projects to improve efficiencies at the school, and the recommendations will be submitted to the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC), which oversees such renovations, in January. Any improvement work could begin as early as next summer, he added.
“We have original equipment — 35 years old — boilers, single-pane, uninsulated windows and outdated mechanical systems, which actually compete with one another to heat and cool the building,” said Moore. “House Bill 264 allows for interest-free loans to school districts to address efficiency and sustainability efforts by essentially borrowing against the energy savings created by the project itself.”
Moore added the board’s agreement with Comfort Control Group allows for the company to begin a review of the facility and its systems, and to develop a plan for improvements.
Moore said there is no commitment to any specific improvement project at this time.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Highland board revisits school rebuilding project
- Revere High School hosting Marching Band Invitational
- Revere celebrates five National Merit semifinalists
- Old Trail students find rare caterpillar
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester officials discuss state report card results
- District recognizes board member
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Fall Fashion Show to benefit Concordia at Sumner’s Therapeutic Healing Garden - 9/24/2016
- All Things Rings: Beginning Metalsmithing - 9/24/2016
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 9/24/2016
- Graf Growers Worshops - 9/24/2016
- Akron Symphony - 9/24/2016