PLCC Board OKs audit
GREEN — The Portage Lakes Career Center (PLCC) Board of Education was expected to approve an energy engineering study of the school at its Sept. 20 meeting.
According to Principal Ben Moore, Comfort Control Group Energy Solutions Inc. will conduct the study to identify projects to improve efficiencies at the school, and the recommendations will be submitted to the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC), which oversees such renovations, in January. Any improvement work could begin as early as next summer, he added.
“We have original equipment — 35 years old — boilers, single-pane, uninsulated windows and outdated mechanical systems, which actually compete with one another to heat and cool the building,” said Moore. “House Bill 264 allows for interest-free loans to school districts to address efficiency and sustainability efforts by essentially borrowing against the energy savings created by the project itself.”
Moore added the board’s agreement with Comfort Control Group allows for the company to begin a review of the facility and its systems, and to develop a plan for improvements.
Moore said there is no commitment to any specific improvement project at this time.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Woodridge weighing impact of new state budget
- Emmanuel Christian Academy students raise funds for charities
- Highland board approves international high school trips
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester considering offer from OSFC for new schools
- Springfield district working to improve student success
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 7/29/2015
- Pond Exploration for Kids - 7/29/2015
- Wanda Hunt Band - 7/29/2015
- Retirement Workshop - 7/29/2015
- Family Programming - 7/29/2015