JCC, Lippman honoring Spectors
|Martin and Sue Spector will be honored at the Shaw Jewish Community Center and The Lippman School Annual Benefit.|
|Photo courtesy of Shaw JCC|
Marty Spector is a CPA and attorney and is currently the director for CBIZ MHM LLC in Akron. Sue Spector is a long-time educator and taught many years at The Lippman School and Beth El Academy. According to JCC officials, both Spectors have served on numerous boards and committees and volunteered with many organizations within the community, including Summa Health Systems, United Way, Akron Jewish Community Federation, Cuyahoga Valley National Park and more.
The Spectors will be honored at this year’s benefit for their many years of service and contributions to the Jewish community in Akron.
The benefit will take place Nov. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at Rosemont Country Club. Lisa Mandel and Jeannine Marks are the event chairs.
In addition to honoring the Spectors, this event will raise funds to support two of the organizations on the 750 White Pond campus — the Shaw JCC of Akron and The Lippman School.
“The funds raised at the annual benefit help support all of the programs and services that we provide at the Shaw JCC,” said Shaw JCC Executive Director Todd Rockoff. “Without efforts such as this, it would be difficult for us to continue to provide the level of service that the community has come to depend on.”
“The annual benefit provides a great opportunity for the community to come together to both celebrate and support the continued success of The Lippman School,” added Mary Hickcox, president of The Lippman School Board of Trustees. “Funds raised through this event support the amazing programming that is offered by our incredibly dedicated and skilled Lippman staff.”
Those interested in attending the event and/or in honoring the Spectors with a wish in the program book may call 330-835-0022. More information can be found at www.shawjcc.org.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014