Coventry board votes on numerous items
The Coventry Local Schools Board of Education held a regular meeting Nov. 20 and voted on numerous measures.
The board began the meeting by approving the October 2012 bills for about $717,329.
In addition, the board adopted a modification of an agreement the district has with Rea & Associates to add extended hours. The modification was needed so Rea & Associates could audit an additional federal program for fiscal year 2012, as required by the State Auditor’s Office, Treasurer Aaron Butts reported. He said the modification would cost an additional $2,450.
The board also accepted the following donations: $25 from The Charitable Giving Card Program of the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee; sound system equipment valued at $1,207 from All Sports Boosters; $100 from Lyons Photography to the new AntiVirus Club (anti-bullying club) at Coventry Middle School; and $60 from Ayers Insurance to the AntiVirus Club.
Additionally during the meeting, the board:
• approved the disposal of obsolete items from the technology department, including several computers, a server and monitor;
• established the AntiVirus Club at the middle school;
• granted or reissued supplemental coaching contracts for the 2012-13 school year to Savannah Morrow, varsity assistant cheerleading coach for basketball; Aaron Rose, varsity assistant girls basketball coach; and Jason Wallace, ninth-grade head girls basketball coach;
• approved an agreement with the American Red Cross of Summit and Portage Counties to provide facilities to support individuals affected by disasters; and
• approved open enrollment and tuition contracts with Akron Public Schools; Jackson, Springfield, Manchester and Green local school districts; and Barberton and Norton city school districts to provide special-education services to handicapped students for the 2012-13 school year.
In other district news, the ninth annual Breakfast With Santa and Coventry Christmas Carnival will take place Dec. 1 from 8 a.m. to noon at Coventry High School, 3089 Manchester Road. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children 12 and younger. Activities will include photos with Santa, raffle baskets, the Jingle Bell Cake Walk, carnival games and face painting. The event is presented by the Coventry High School Parent Teacher Association and students.
The next regular board meeting will take place Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. at Coventry High School, located at 3089 Manchester Road.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path CLC Students - 6/30/2016
- Members’ Show - 6/30/2016
- Summer Basketball Skills Camp - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path Community Learning Center Students - 6/30/2016