West Side Education News & Notes
Revere graduate earns perfect AP test score
|Photo courtesy of Revere Local School District|
Zhang, who was co-salutatorian of the Class of 2012, earned 150 points out of 150 points on the English Language and Composition Exam.
Revere officials said Zhang not only received the top score of 5 — ranking among 15.5 percent of students to fall within this top score category in 2012 — but also was one of the three students in the world to earn every point possible on the test, which means he answered every multiple-choice question correctly and earned full points on each of the essays in the free-response section of the exam. In total, 443,835 students took the AP English Language and Composition Exam in 2012.
Revere High School Principal Phil King praised Zhang for his accomplishment.
“Edwin truly exemplified all of the qualities we expect at Revere,” King said. “With the support of his teachers and parents, it is no surprise that he has achieved such a high honor. We wish him continued success as he pursues his college degree.”
District officials said Zhang is attending Yale University.
Zhang attributed his success to the help of Revere teachers Alan Silvidi and McClain Hayes, according to district officials.
Kathleen Folkerth contributed to this report.
More Education News
- Highland board revisits school rebuilding project
- Revere High School hosting Marching Band Invitational
- Revere celebrates five National Merit semifinalists
- Old Trail students find rare caterpillar
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester officials discuss state report card results
- District recognizes board member
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Halloween Wreath - 9/27/2016
- Disaster Preparedness: Are You Ready - 9/27/2016
- Emerson String Quartet - 9/27/2016
- Hooked on Books for Teens and Tweens - 9/27/2016
- Cake Decorating - 9/27/2016