CGFS partners with AMHA in Early Childhood Initiative
|Photo courtesy of Child Guidance and Family Solutions|
Kelly is a CG&FS staff member who works with AMHA in the Early Childhood Initiative (ECI).
She is shown at right creating holiday decorations with children in the AMHA program. She worked with toddlers and preschoolers at four AMHA development ECI events in November to design and craft snowflakes to reflect the idea that “children are special and unique like snowflakes,” according to CG&FS officials.
She decorated the AMHA entryways with the snowflakes and ECI logo on the doors and has received inquiries about the program from incoming residents for this program because of the display, according to CGFS officials.
AMHA’s ECI program offers early care and education to 3,000 children younger than 5 — with nearly 10 percent of the county’s children in this age group. Its goal is to connect families to build trusting relationships and empower parents to be their child’s first and most important teacher, according the CG&FS officials. ECI also links families to community resources and offers monthly educational family events in selected AMHA developments, such as the Mom-ME Time and Parents as Teachers™ programs.
Kelly provides home visits to assist with preschool and kindergarten readiness by way of screening assessments, referrals, educational activities and support to families. She has a degree in education from Walsh University.
More Education News
- APS officials not worried about making up snow days
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Norton school board approves contract for treasurer
- St. Hilary School teacher honored
- Revere C.A.R.E. hosting Malley’s fundraiser
- Highland district to benefit from new tax abatement
- Highland Pride Committee accepting nominations
- Snow day issues raised in Akron
- APS to create health career academy
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015