King PTA pledges more than $60,000 for technology
|Photo courtesy of Akron Public Schools|
PTA members raised and donated $44,550 to the elementary school to purchase 22 LightRaise™ interactive projectors by SMART Technologies (including Smart Pen, installation, cables, training and professional development) and three replacement pens.
The group began planning for a technology donation in 2010 and primarily raised the money through its annual auction.
A committee of parents and teachers studied different options before choosing the equipment. For more information about the technology, go to smarttech.com/lightraise.
The group also plans to purchase 22 HP Pro laptops worth about $18,000.
The new King CLC is under construction and scheduled to open next school year.
Shown at right from left are King kindergarten teacher Patricia Gonzalez, Principal Mary Dean, PTA President Courtney Hudson and PTA treasurer Robert Hernandez.
More Education News
- Highland board revisits school rebuilding project
- Revere High School hosting Marching Band Invitational
- Revere celebrates five National Merit semifinalists
- Old Trail students find rare caterpillar
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester officials discuss state report card results
- District recognizes board member
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 9/26/2016
- Kindle Fire Q&A - 9/26/2016
- Nothing Highbrow About Shakespeare - 9/26/2016
- Halloween Wreath - 9/27/2016
- Disaster Preparedness: Are You Ready - 9/27/2016