King PTA pledges more than $60,000 for technology
|Photo courtesy of Akron Public Schools|
PTA members raised and donated $44,550 to the elementary school to purchase 22 LightRaise™ interactive projectors by SMART Technologies (including Smart Pen, installation, cables, training and professional development) and three replacement pens.
The group began planning for a technology donation in 2010 and primarily raised the money through its annual auction.
A committee of parents and teachers studied different options before choosing the equipment. For more information about the technology, go to smarttech.com/lightraise.
The group also plans to purchase 22 HP Pro laptops worth about $18,000.
The new King CLC is under construction and scheduled to open next school year.
Shown at right from left are King kindergarten teacher Patricia Gonzalez, Principal Mary Dean, PTA President Courtney Hudson and PTA treasurer Robert Hernandez.
More Education News
- APS Genius Challenge teams win Best Performance award
- SGWS showing ‘Screenagers’
- Board sets staff appreciation week
- Firestone honored at world tourney
- Revere receives audit award for third consecutive year
- Norton BOE OKs summer Kindergarten Readiness program
- Woodridge preparing for building project
- Manchester voters to see bond issue on August ballot
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/30/2016
- Basket Weaving 101: Mother’s Day Basket - 4/30/2016
- Downton Bath 1900-1950 - 4/30/2016
- Michael Stanley and The Resonators - 4/30/2016
- Fresh - 4/30/2016