King PTA pledges more than $60,000 for technology
|Photo courtesy of Akron Public Schools|
PTA members raised and donated $44,550 to the elementary school to purchase 22 LightRaise™ interactive projectors by SMART Technologies (including Smart Pen, installation, cables, training and professional development) and three replacement pens.
The group began planning for a technology donation in 2010 and primarily raised the money through its annual auction.
A committee of parents and teachers studied different options before choosing the equipment. For more information about the technology, go to smarttech.com/lightraise.
The group also plans to purchase 22 HP Pro laptops worth about $18,000.
The new King CLC is under construction and scheduled to open next school year.
Shown at right from left are King kindergarten teacher Patricia Gonzalez, Principal Mary Dean, PTA President Courtney Hudson and PTA treasurer Robert Hernandez.
More Education News
- More administrative changes in APS schools
- Elms students compete in regional, state Power of the Pen events
- Woodridge students have fun with reading
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Springfield district prepared if August levy fails
- Fifty Plus awards scholarships
- Green school board OKs bond refunding
- GAR Foundation awards grants
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Colors of Nature: for ages 3-6 - 7/1/2016
- Buck Naked with Karri Fedor and Kerosene - 7/1/2016
- Patti & The Gene Fiocca Band - 7/1/2016
- Southbound - 7/1/2016
- Archery for Kids: ages 9-15 - 7/2/2016