RMS wins at Power of the Pen contest
|Photo courtesy of Revere Local Schools|
Ten RMS students competed at the district tournament.
Shown at right are, from left: (back row) Lori Duke, coach, and eighth-grade team members Danielle Kakish, Serena Jachnowski, Sarah Blake, Madison Umina, Jacob Zimmerman and Joci Scott; and (front row) seventh-grade team members Paige Fritz, Sukhmani Kaur, Mandy Kraynak and Patrick Guerreu. (Not available for the photo: Jack Baker, Leah Espinal and coach Carol Shoop.)
On the seventh-grade team, Patrick won an individual award/medallion for eighth place. For the eighth-grade team, the individual winners were Serena with a 12th-place medallion and Joci with a seventh-place medallion. The eighth-grade team earned enough points overall to win the third place trophy for the competition.
In addition, Paige, Sarah, Madison and Jacob also qualified for the upcoming regional tournament, which will take place at Kent State University Feb. 23.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014