RMS wins at Power of the Pen contest
|Photo courtesy of Revere Local Schools|
Ten RMS students competed at the district tournament.
Shown at right are, from left: (back row) Lori Duke, coach, and eighth-grade team members Danielle Kakish, Serena Jachnowski, Sarah Blake, Madison Umina, Jacob Zimmerman and Joci Scott; and (front row) seventh-grade team members Paige Fritz, Sukhmani Kaur, Mandy Kraynak and Patrick Guerreu. (Not available for the photo: Jack Baker, Leah Espinal and coach Carol Shoop.)
On the seventh-grade team, Patrick won an individual award/medallion for eighth place. For the eighth-grade team, the individual winners were Serena with a 12th-place medallion and Joci with a seventh-place medallion. The eighth-grade team earned enough points overall to win the third place trophy for the competition.
In addition, Paige, Sarah, Madison and Jacob also qualified for the upcoming regional tournament, which will take place at Kent State University Feb. 23.
More Education News
- Woodridge weighing impact of new state budget
- Emmanuel Christian Academy students raise funds for charities
- Highland board approves international high school trips
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester considering offer from OSFC for new schools
- Springfield district working to improve student success
Calendar of Events
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015