Norton students in state tournament
|Photo courtesy of Tricia Pletcher|
Students competed at 10 local and regional speech and debate tournaments. One of the highlights of their season thus far is placing fourth out of 32 schools at the Berea Grindstone Forensics Tournament, according to Pletcher.
Additionally, at the Akron District Tournament Jan. 26, nine Norton students (shown at right) placed in their categories to advance to state competition: In Humorous Interpretation, Jordan Feliciano (also named Akron District Champion) and John Wroblewski; in Dramatic Interpretation, Kerstin Vaughn; in Original Oratory, Jenna Pletcher; in Prose-Poetry Reading, Laura Simons, Jessica Baker and Megan Stults; and in Impromptu Speaking: Eamon McGuire and Noah Ling.
Three Norton delegates to Student Congress also will be attending the state tournament: Representatives Steven Planitzer, Natalee Stewart and Anthony Tryon.
The Ohio High School Speech League State Tournament will be Feb. 28 to March 2 in Canfield.
More Education News
- Stable financial forecast for Woodridge district
- Norton board hears update on stadium construction
- Highland committee proposes building new elementary schools
- BVS member helps old instruments get second wind
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester board OKs five-year forecast
- Springfield finances secure
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014