Norton students in state tournament
|Photo courtesy of Tricia Pletcher|
Students competed at 10 local and regional speech and debate tournaments. One of the highlights of their season thus far is placing fourth out of 32 schools at the Berea Grindstone Forensics Tournament, according to Pletcher.
Additionally, at the Akron District Tournament Jan. 26, nine Norton students (shown at right) placed in their categories to advance to state competition: In Humorous Interpretation, Jordan Feliciano (also named Akron District Champion) and John Wroblewski; in Dramatic Interpretation, Kerstin Vaughn; in Original Oratory, Jenna Pletcher; in Prose-Poetry Reading, Laura Simons, Jessica Baker and Megan Stults; and in Impromptu Speaking: Eamon McGuire and Noah Ling.
Three Norton delegates to Student Congress also will be attending the state tournament: Representatives Steven Planitzer, Natalee Stewart and Anthony Tryon.
The Ohio High School Speech League State Tournament will be Feb. 28 to March 2 in Canfield.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015