Norton students in state tournament
|Photo courtesy of Tricia Pletcher|
Students competed at 10 local and regional speech and debate tournaments. One of the highlights of their season thus far is placing fourth out of 32 schools at the Berea Grindstone Forensics Tournament, according to Pletcher.
Additionally, at the Akron District Tournament Jan. 26, nine Norton students (shown at right) placed in their categories to advance to state competition: In Humorous Interpretation, Jordan Feliciano (also named Akron District Champion) and John Wroblewski; in Dramatic Interpretation, Kerstin Vaughn; in Original Oratory, Jenna Pletcher; in Prose-Poetry Reading, Laura Simons, Jessica Baker and Megan Stults; and in Impromptu Speaking: Eamon McGuire and Noah Ling.
Three Norton delegates to Student Congress also will be attending the state tournament: Representatives Steven Planitzer, Natalee Stewart and Anthony Tryon.
The Ohio High School Speech League State Tournament will be Feb. 28 to March 2 in Canfield.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014