Norton students in state tournament
|Photo courtesy of Tricia Pletcher|
Students competed at 10 local and regional speech and debate tournaments. One of the highlights of their season thus far is placing fourth out of 32 schools at the Berea Grindstone Forensics Tournament, according to Pletcher.
Additionally, at the Akron District Tournament Jan. 26, nine Norton students (shown at right) placed in their categories to advance to state competition: In Humorous Interpretation, Jordan Feliciano (also named Akron District Champion) and John Wroblewski; in Dramatic Interpretation, Kerstin Vaughn; in Original Oratory, Jenna Pletcher; in Prose-Poetry Reading, Laura Simons, Jessica Baker and Megan Stults; and in Impromptu Speaking: Eamon McGuire and Noah Ling.
Three Norton delegates to Student Congress also will be attending the state tournament: Representatives Steven Planitzer, Natalee Stewart and Anthony Tryon.
The Ohio High School Speech League State Tournament will be Feb. 28 to March 2 in Canfield.
More Education News
- Norton board proceeding with field house project
- Revere moving forward with district building project
- Woodridge athletes honored by Cuyahoga Falls mayor
- District seeking bids for secure school vestibules
- Highland board acknowledges district awards
- Highland students learn from NEOMED students
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry school board, union reach agreement
Calendar of Events
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016
- Christmas Cards Workshop - 12/7/2016
- “Once” - 12/7/2016
- Story Time - 12/7/2016