Norton students in state tournament
|Photo courtesy of Tricia Pletcher|
Students competed at 10 local and regional speech and debate tournaments. One of the highlights of their season thus far is placing fourth out of 32 schools at the Berea Grindstone Forensics Tournament, according to Pletcher.
Additionally, at the Akron District Tournament Jan. 26, nine Norton students (shown at right) placed in their categories to advance to state competition: In Humorous Interpretation, Jordan Feliciano (also named Akron District Champion) and John Wroblewski; in Dramatic Interpretation, Kerstin Vaughn; in Original Oratory, Jenna Pletcher; in Prose-Poetry Reading, Laura Simons, Jessica Baker and Megan Stults; and in Impromptu Speaking: Eamon McGuire and Noah Ling.
Three Norton delegates to Student Congress also will be attending the state tournament: Representatives Steven Planitzer, Natalee Stewart and Anthony Tryon.
The Ohio High School Speech League State Tournament will be Feb. 28 to March 2 in Canfield.
More Education News
- FHS students sail cardboard vessels in annual race
- Firestone, Litchfield construction bids OK’d
- State education mandates on Woodridge agenda
- Principal, district resident receive Pride Awards
- Springfield district continuing site improvements
- Manchester school board honors retiring treasurer
- Treasurer preparing five-year financial forecast
- Fundraiser for Coventry foundation a success
Calendar of Events
- Easter Family Fun Day - 4/19/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014
- “Snow White and the Magic Mirror: A Grimm Tale” - 4/19/2014