Loving Hands Preschool gets high rating
|Photo courtesy of Loving Hands Preschool|
Some Loving Hands officials and students are pictured at right.
Loving Hands is the first preschool in Green and one of the few in Summit County to be awarded the certification, according to school officials. Centers participating in the voluntary rating system for early care and education centers can earn a one-, two- or three-star rating by meeting a list of benchmarks.
According to school officials, the Three-Star Step Up to Quality criteria includes a ratio of one teacher for every four infants from birth to 12 months, one teacher for every five children ages 12 to 18 months, one teacher for every six children ages 18 to 36 months, one teacher for every 10 preschooler ages 36 to 60 months and one teacher for every 15 school-aged children ages 5 to 11 years. The criteria also includes staff/child ratios that either meet national high-quality early care and education standards or are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Children; all lead teachers have a degree in early childhood education, specialized training in Ohio’s early learning content standards and 20 hours of child development training every two years above licensing requirements; and center employees receive at least three employee benefits, which results in a lower turnover rate.
For details on the preschool, visit www.loving-hands.org.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 9/10/2014
- Internet Genealogy - 9/13/2014