Loving Hands Preschool gets high rating
|Photo courtesy of Loving Hands Preschool|
Some Loving Hands officials and students are pictured at right.
Loving Hands is the first preschool in Green and one of the few in Summit County to be awarded the certification, according to school officials. Centers participating in the voluntary rating system for early care and education centers can earn a one-, two- or three-star rating by meeting a list of benchmarks.
According to school officials, the Three-Star Step Up to Quality criteria includes a ratio of one teacher for every four infants from birth to 12 months, one teacher for every five children ages 12 to 18 months, one teacher for every six children ages 18 to 36 months, one teacher for every 10 preschooler ages 36 to 60 months and one teacher for every 15 school-aged children ages 5 to 11 years. The criteria also includes staff/child ratios that either meet national high-quality early care and education standards or are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Children; all lead teachers have a degree in early childhood education, specialized training in Ohio’s early learning content standards and 20 hours of child development training every two years above licensing requirements; and center employees receive at least three employee benefits, which results in a lower turnover rate.
For details on the preschool, visit www.loving-hands.org.
More Education News
- FHS students sail cardboard vessels in annual race
- Firestone, Litchfield construction bids OK’d
- State education mandates on Woodridge agenda
- Principal, district resident receive Pride Awards
- Springfield district continuing site improvements
- Manchester school board honors retiring treasurer
- Treasurer preparing five-year financial forecast
- Fundraiser for Coventry foundation a success
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014