Norton student qualifies for national contest
|Photo courtesy of Tricia Pletcher|
Jordan also placed second at the Ohio High School Speech League State Tournament March 2. Additional Norton state qualifiers were John Wroblewski, Laura Simons, Megan Stults, Jessica Baker, Jenna Pletcher, Kerstin Vaughn, Noah Ling, Eamon McGuire, Steven Planitzer, Natalee Stewart and Anthony Tryon.
Jordan has been working on his humorous performance with coaches and volunteers since last September, according to team officials.
The Norton Speech and Debate Team, coached by Norton teacher Tricia Pletcher and Anthony Paridon, competed against more than 290 students at Wooster High School Feb. 15-16 at the district tournament.
The team is currently fundraising to help cover travel and lodging expenses for Jordan’s trip to the national tournament in June. Checks made out to Norton City Schools can be mailed to Norton High School, 4108 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road, Norton OH 44203.
Nearly 3,000 students will participate in the national tournament. Top performers take home more than $200,000 in college scholarships.
More Education News
- Future financial health of APS depends on variables
- Copley board hires interim principal for Arrowhead Primary
- Revere school board approves five-year forecast
- Lippman recognized for program
- West Side Education News & Notes
- APS’ financials depend on variables
- Norton board gets stadium update
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Virtues and Vices” to benefit Child Guidance and Family Solutions - 11/1/2014
- Neos Dance Theatre’s “Count: The Legend of Dracula” - 11/1/2014
- Basket Weaving 101: Pumpkin Basket - 11/1/2014
- Learn and Do Safety Fair - 11/1/2014
- Composting - 11/1/2014