Coventry board conducts variety of business at meeting
The Coventry Local Schools Board of Education convened for a regular meeting March 19 to conduct district business.
During the meeting, the board:
- rescinded the last year — the 2013-14 school year — of a three-year lease agreement with the Summit County Educational Service Center to house the offices, classrooms and functions of alternative educational programs at Lakeview Elementary School and approved the request for services to be provided during the 2013-14 school year by St. Francis de Sales School;
- renewed the district’s property, bus fleet and liability insurance with Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. through Ayers Insurance Agency, effective April 1, through March 31, 2014, at a cost of $78,762;
- approved returning Julie Glockner to her full-time classroom position from a part-time job-share placement at Turkeyfoot Elementary School;
- approved a leave of absence for district employee Linda May through the end of the 2012-13 school year;
- granted a one-year administrative contract to Shannon DeMita for the position of instructional assessment and accountability coordinator;
- granted supplemental contracts for the remainder of the school year to Chris Sherwood to serve as assistant varsity boys track coach, Katelyn Paul to serve as head middle school girls track coach and Steve Yoak to serve as head middle school boys track coach;
- granted a supplemental contract to Breanna Smith to serve as varsity volleyball head coach for the 2013-14 school year;
- approved a two-year contract for Michael McArdle, technology maintenance coordinator/theater manager;
- accepted a $500 donation from an anonymous donor to the athletic department, $500 from the Portage Lakes Kiwanis Club to the Coventry Middle School Antivirus Club and $600 from the McCormick family to the David McCormick Scholarship;
- adopted the calendar for the 2013-14 school year; and
- rescinded the last year of a three-year contract with Ohio School Pictures and granted a one-year contract to Lifetouch to photograph the school picture programs for all buildings, effective the beginning of the 2013-14 school year.
The next regular Coventry school board meeting will be April 16 at 6 p.m. at Turkeyfoot Elementary, 530 W. Turkeyfoot Lake Road.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Empty River Revue - 4/27/2015
- Through the Eyes of the Artist - 4/27/2015
- University of Akron Symphonic Band with Philip Thomson - 4/27/2015
- “God of Carnage” - 4/27/2015
- Fair Housing Workshop - 4/27/2015