RMS students qualify for state Power of the Pen
|Photo courtesy of Revere Local Schools|
They were among 25 school teams who competed at the regional level at Kent State University. State qualifiers are in the top 20 percent of writers from all Power of the Pen teams in Ohio.
The eighth-grade RMS writers who are headed for state competition and their regional rankings, where applicable, are: Sarah Blake, 10th place; Serena Juchnowski, seventh place; Joci Scott, sixth place; Madison Umina, 12th place; and Jacob Zimmerman. The seventh-grade state qualifiers are Paige Fritz and Patrick Guerreau.
The eighth-grade team placed third overall at the regional tournament.
The RMS teams are coached by Carol Shoop and Lori Duke.
Shown above, from left are: Duke, Patrick, Sarah, Serena, Paige, Jacob, Madison and Joci.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014