RMS students qualify for state Power of the Pen
|Photo courtesy of Revere Local Schools|
They were among 25 school teams who competed at the regional level at Kent State University. State qualifiers are in the top 20 percent of writers from all Power of the Pen teams in Ohio.
The eighth-grade RMS writers who are headed for state competition and their regional rankings, where applicable, are: Sarah Blake, 10th place; Serena Juchnowski, seventh place; Joci Scott, sixth place; Madison Umina, 12th place; and Jacob Zimmerman. The seventh-grade state qualifiers are Paige Fritz and Patrick Guerreau.
The eighth-grade team placed third overall at the regional tournament.
The RMS teams are coached by Carol Shoop and Lori Duke.
Shown above, from left are: Duke, Patrick, Sarah, Serena, Paige, Jacob, Madison and Joci.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015