West Side Education News & Notes
Recycle More. Waste Less! theme for billboard design contest
SUMMIT COUNTY — ReWorks, formerly the Summit/Akron Solid Waste Management Authority, continues to challenge students to illustrate to their communities the benefits of recycling and waste reduction.
This year’s theme — Recycle More. Waste Less! — for the annual high school billboard design contest encourages students to illustrate how to recycle more and waste less. Students with the top three winning designs will receive cash prizes. The top five designs will appear on billboards throughout Summit County during May.
The contest deadline is April 30. To enter, include the student’s name, school name and mailing address on the back of the entry and mail designs to ReWorks at 12 E. Exchange St., Third Floor, Akron, OH 44308.
Call 330-374-0383 for more information.
‘Hidden in Plain Sight’ to be presented at Woodridge High
PENINSULA — The “Hidden in Plain Sight” program will be presented April 25 at Woodridge High School, 4440 Quick Road. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.; the 90-minute presentation will begin at 7 p.m.
The exhibit was created by the Bath and Copley township police departments and depicts what appears to be a teenager’s bedroom but includes items that can indicate the teenager is involved in risky and even illegal activity, such as substance abuse, underage drinking, eating disorders, sexual activity and more.
The exhibit is open to adults only. There is no charge to attend.
For details, contact Copley Police Officer Duane Scott at 330-666-4218 or email email@example.com.
Stephanie Kist contributed to these reports.
More Education News
- Highland board revisits school rebuilding project
- Revere High School hosting Marching Band Invitational
- Revere celebrates five National Merit semifinalists
- Old Trail students find rare caterpillar
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester officials discuss state report card results
- District recognizes board member
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 9/26/2016
- Kindle Fire Q&A - 9/26/2016
- Nothing Highbrow About Shakespeare - 9/26/2016
- Halloween Wreath - 9/27/2016
- Disaster Preparedness: Are You Ready - 9/27/2016