Highland teams take 1-2-3 at Rube Goldberg contest
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
This year’s task was to hammer a nail using manmade machines. Judges scored the teams in four areas: effectiveness, complexity, creativity and teamwork/presentation. Each team had two chances to demonstrate its machine — one including an oral presentation of the steps involved. In addition, each team presented a written list of steps for each judge.
The Medina County Career Center built the boxes for the Rube Goldberg Club this year. Club advisers were Julie Mainzer, Carrie Kalina and Rick Wright.
Winning first place was The Players with its “Outdoor Recreation” theme. Team members are pictured above: (from left) Cecilia Mainzer, Quade Mainzer, Evan Medwid, Alexandria Arline and Cassidy Angus.
Winning second place was The Olympians with its “Summer” theme. Team members included Emma Medwid, Tori Wright, Ava Mastrianni and Andrea Arline.
In third place was Team TV with its “Electronics” theme. Team members included Sujay Godugu, Tyler Holdsworth, Chloe Hollenbaugh and Marisa Evans.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015