Highland teams take 1-2-3 at Rube Goldberg contest
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
This year’s task was to hammer a nail using manmade machines. Judges scored the teams in four areas: effectiveness, complexity, creativity and teamwork/presentation. Each team had two chances to demonstrate its machine — one including an oral presentation of the steps involved. In addition, each team presented a written list of steps for each judge.
The Medina County Career Center built the boxes for the Rube Goldberg Club this year. Club advisers were Julie Mainzer, Carrie Kalina and Rick Wright.
Winning first place was The Players with its “Outdoor Recreation” theme. Team members are pictured above: (from left) Cecilia Mainzer, Quade Mainzer, Evan Medwid, Alexandria Arline and Cassidy Angus.
Winning second place was The Olympians with its “Summer” theme. Team members included Emma Medwid, Tori Wright, Ava Mastrianni and Andrea Arline.
In third place was Team TV with its “Electronics” theme. Team members included Sujay Godugu, Tyler Holdsworth, Chloe Hollenbaugh and Marisa Evans.
More Education News
- Lippman School, Cheyenne Nation share cultures
- APS plans to expand services to gifted students
- Revere board asking state for charter school accountability
- Woodridge honors seniors, retirees, board member
- West Side Education News & Notes
- AAUW hosts STEM program for girls
- Acme, RubberDucks reward Green Primary readers
- PLCC students honored
- Springfield softball team captures league crown
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015