Highland teams take 1-2-3 at Rube Goldberg contest
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
This year’s task was to hammer a nail using manmade machines. Judges scored the teams in four areas: effectiveness, complexity, creativity and teamwork/presentation. Each team had two chances to demonstrate its machine — one including an oral presentation of the steps involved. In addition, each team presented a written list of steps for each judge.
The Medina County Career Center built the boxes for the Rube Goldberg Club this year. Club advisers were Julie Mainzer, Carrie Kalina and Rick Wright.
Winning first place was The Players with its “Outdoor Recreation” theme. Team members are pictured above: (from left) Cecilia Mainzer, Quade Mainzer, Evan Medwid, Alexandria Arline and Cassidy Angus.
Winning second place was The Olympians with its “Summer” theme. Team members included Emma Medwid, Tori Wright, Ava Mastrianni and Andrea Arline.
In third place was Team TV with its “Electronics” theme. Team members included Sujay Godugu, Tyler Holdsworth, Chloe Hollenbaugh and Marisa Evans.
More Education News
- Highland board revisits school rebuilding project
- Revere High School hosting Marching Band Invitational
- Revere celebrates five National Merit semifinalists
- Old Trail students find rare caterpillar
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester officials discuss state report card results
- District recognizes board member
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 9/26/2016
- Kindle Fire Q&A - 9/26/2016
- Nothing Highbrow About Shakespeare - 9/26/2016
- Halloween Wreath - 9/27/2016
- Disaster Preparedness: Are You Ready - 9/27/2016