Highland teams take 1-2-3 at Rube Goldberg contest
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
This year’s task was to hammer a nail using manmade machines. Judges scored the teams in four areas: effectiveness, complexity, creativity and teamwork/presentation. Each team had two chances to demonstrate its machine — one including an oral presentation of the steps involved. In addition, each team presented a written list of steps for each judge.
The Medina County Career Center built the boxes for the Rube Goldberg Club this year. Club advisers were Julie Mainzer, Carrie Kalina and Rick Wright.
Winning first place was The Players with its “Outdoor Recreation” theme. Team members are pictured above: (from left) Cecilia Mainzer, Quade Mainzer, Evan Medwid, Alexandria Arline and Cassidy Angus.
Winning second place was The Olympians with its “Summer” theme. Team members included Emma Medwid, Tori Wright, Ava Mastrianni and Andrea Arline.
In third place was Team TV with its “Electronics” theme. Team members included Sujay Godugu, Tyler Holdsworth, Chloe Hollenbaugh and Marisa Evans.
More Education News
- Stable financial forecast for Woodridge district
- Norton board hears update on stadium construction
- Highland committee proposes building new elementary schools
- BVS member helps old instruments get second wind
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester board OKs five-year forecast
- Springfield finances secure
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014