Highland teams take 1-2-3 at Rube Goldberg contest
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
This year’s task was to hammer a nail using manmade machines. Judges scored the teams in four areas: effectiveness, complexity, creativity and teamwork/presentation. Each team had two chances to demonstrate its machine — one including an oral presentation of the steps involved. In addition, each team presented a written list of steps for each judge.
The Medina County Career Center built the boxes for the Rube Goldberg Club this year. Club advisers were Julie Mainzer, Carrie Kalina and Rick Wright.
Winning first place was The Players with its “Outdoor Recreation” theme. Team members are pictured above: (from left) Cecilia Mainzer, Quade Mainzer, Evan Medwid, Alexandria Arline and Cassidy Angus.
Winning second place was The Olympians with its “Summer” theme. Team members included Emma Medwid, Tori Wright, Ava Mastrianni and Andrea Arline.
In third place was Team TV with its “Electronics” theme. Team members included Sujay Godugu, Tyler Holdsworth, Chloe Hollenbaugh and Marisa Evans.
More Education News
- Copley-Fairlawn board calls for charter school accountability
- Woodridge waives pay-to-participate fees again
- Revere board OKs contract with ESC of Cuyahoga County
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry district plans on August ballot levy if May issue fails
- Former school building demolished in Green
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/5/2015
- “Doctor Who” Bingo and Trivial Pursuit: grades six-12 - 5/5/2015
- Art Program: ages 11-18 - 5/5/2015
- Antique Appraisals - 5/5/2015
- First Tuesday Dance with Gene Fiocca Band - 5/5/2015