PLCC nursing program coordinator retires
|Photo courtesy of Portage Lakes Career Center|
“Mary Ann has been a tireless advocate for her program and students,” said PLCC Superintendent Ben Moore. “She will be missed, but we wish her well in her retirement.”
Moore presented Cosgarea with a service award at the luncheon, shown at above.
Cosgarea began her career as the coordinator of the W. Howard Nicol School of Practical Nursing in 1978, when the program was located in Cuyahoga Falls. In 1987, the program moved to PLCC, which has seen more than 1,000 students, according to PLCC officials.
Cosgarea said she is most proud of “the reputation of the program. Employers call us first, requesting our graduates.”
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Little Sousa Band - 7/3/2015
- Buck Naked Band with Goodnight Tonight - 7/3/2015
- Hollywood Nights with the Juke Hounds; Fleetwood Mix with the JiMiller Band - 7/3/2015
- Weekday Walkers - 7/3/2015
- All-American Trees; Butterfly Walk - 7/4/2015