Local students help feed other children
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Each month, a school grade is responsible for donating all the food for this program. The students work together to fill a lunch bag with a sandwich, chips, fruit and cookies, as shown above. The lunches are then delivered to the Good Samaritan Hunger Center, where they are distributed to local community centers and given to families to use the next day for a child’s school lunch.
This year alone, St. Sebastian students will feed more than 1,000 children, according to school officials.
More Education News
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017