Copley teams compete in Chicago
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The high school team, consisting of juniors Manit Jain and Kerry Crowley and sophomores Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner, finished third with a record of 8-1. The CFMS A team made it to the final day of competition, but lost by one question to finish seventh overall. This team consisted of freshmen Will Gao and Zachary Varley and eighth-graders Cristina Lee and Kevin Du. (NAC rules allow two ninth-grade students to compete on the Junior Nationals team.)
The CFMS team of eighth-graders Pranav Muthigi, Seth Koellner and Hope Yashnik and seventh-graders Tommy Varley and Samantha Darr finished second overall to a Flushing, Mich., team. This young team, without any ninth graders, finished with an 8-1 record.
Shown above, from left, are Pranav Muthigi, Tommy Varley, Hope Yashnik and Seth Koellner. Not pictured is alternate Samantha Darr.
The teams were accompanied by coaches Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez, Josh Eck and Carry Swope. While in Chicago, the team visited the Art Institute of Chicago and Millennium Park.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014