Copley teams compete in Chicago
|Photo courtesy of Sue Korosa|
The high school team, consisting of juniors Manit Jain and Kerry Crowley and sophomores Grant Stouffer and Bobby Wagner, finished third with a record of 8-1. The CFMS A team made it to the final day of competition, but lost by one question to finish seventh overall. This team consisted of freshmen Will Gao and Zachary Varley and eighth-graders Cristina Lee and Kevin Du. (NAC rules allow two ninth-grade students to compete on the Junior Nationals team.)
The CFMS team of eighth-graders Pranav Muthigi, Seth Koellner and Hope Yashnik and seventh-graders Tommy Varley and Samantha Darr finished second overall to a Flushing, Mich., team. This young team, without any ninth graders, finished with an 8-1 record.
Shown above, from left, are Pranav Muthigi, Tommy Varley, Hope Yashnik and Seth Koellner. Not pictured is alternate Samantha Darr.
The teams were accompanied by coaches Sue Korosa, Melissa Lopez, Josh Eck and Carry Swope. While in Chicago, the team visited the Art Institute of Chicago and Millennium Park.
More Education News
- Copley-Fairlawn board calls for charter school accountability
- Woodridge waives pay-to-participate fees again
- Revere board OKs contract with ESC of Cuyahoga County
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry district plans on August ballot levy if May issue fails
- Former school building demolished in Green
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/5/2015
- “Doctor Who” Bingo and Trivial Pursuit: grades six-12 - 5/5/2015
- Art Program: ages 11-18 - 5/5/2015
- Antique Appraisals - 5/5/2015
- First Tuesday Dance with Gene Fiocca Band - 5/5/2015