West Side Education News & Notes
United Way of Summit County seeks letters of inquiry for education programs
SUMMIT COUNTY — United Way of Summit County is accepting Letters of Inquiry from area nonprofit agencies seeking funding for programs supporting academic achievement. The programs deemed to be the most potentially impactful will be selected to submit a full proposal for three-year funding.
Programs most likely to be funded are those that support at least one of the six key transitions points identified in the Summit Education Initiative’s “Cradle to Career” pipeline. Visit www.seisummit.org/cradle-to-career-alliance for more information about those transition points.
“Our goal is to support efforts that lead toward academic success of our children and an educated work force for Summit County,” said Donae Ceja, United Way of Summit County senior vice president — Community Impact. “We believe the most effective way to move the needle in that direction is to fund programs and initiatives that align with the goals of the countywide Cradle to Career framework for educational success. Cradle to Career identifies six key transition points along the educational pipeline that are critical to student achievement. For this funding opportunity, we are specifically seeking evidence-based initiatives and programs that show support of at least one of those transition points.”
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014