Woodridge students welcomed back with new recess games
|Photos courtesy of Woodridge PTO|
Woodridge PTO used funds generated from its 2013 Spring Dance to purchase more than 150 cans of striping paint and more than 20 new game stencils in addition to new basketball systems. Woodridge parent volunteers and the Woodridge PTO Executive Board members spent two days painting the new games on the blacktop areas, shown above, to revitalize more than 45,000 square feet of space between the two schools.
Some of the new games include a “Silly Shoes” agility game, where children have to twist and turn to follow a wacky footpath, a bulls-eye bean bag toss, a long jump, a pirate’s treasure map, the solar system and several different hopscotch games, one of which is shown at right.
According to PTO officials, the games were strategically chosen not only to encourage fitness and exercise, but also to prevent conflict among the children during recess. The playgrounds accommodate 75-100 children during each recess period several times every day.
Woodridge Primary School currently has approximately 450 students, while Woodridge Intermediate School serves close to 500 students.
The 2013-14 Woodridge PTO Executive Board members are Executive Director Regina Palmer, Woodridge Intermediate School Director Jennifer Bryson, Woodridge Primary School Director Angela Howell, Treasurer Kelly Hillyard and Secretary Elizabeth Walker.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- “Ride” - 8/30/2014
- Get Acquainted With Bridge - 8/30/2014