Copley High School’s yearbook program wins national award
|Photo courtesy of Fiona Casida|
The school’s award-winning yearbook program was led by 2012-13 editors Sydnee Leathers, Amanda Revesz and Erica Vrabec and yearbook staff members Courtney Brown, Katie Casida, Lexi Cohen, Elizabeth Fela, Grace Goldenberg, Kristin Hastings, Monica Leach, Kaylynn Putt, Jenna Redd, Aaron Self and Amy Smith under the direction of yearbook adviser Fiona Casida.
“I am extremely proud of my students and this excellent achievement,” Casida said. “Their dedication and persistence to represent the entire Copley High School student body in the yearbook is especially impressive.”
The award was presented to the Copley High School yearbook program for achieving the defined criteria in each of three following categories: creating an inclusive yearbook, generating school engagement and successfully managing the yearbook creation process.
The Copley High School yearbook program, which will receive a plaque to display in the yearbook area and a banner to display in the school, was the only public high school in Ohio to receive this award, according to Jostens officials.
Shown above is the 2013-14 Copley High School Yearbook staff, including, from left: (back row) Ashanee Player, Lauren Vorell, Deniz Tektas, Ashley Susi, Beth Moore, Brad Kappler and Fiona Casida; and (front row) Kaylynn Putt, Kristin Hastings, Grace Goldenberg, Lexi Cohen and Katie Casida.
More Education News
- State, national mandates affecting Woodridge schools
- Copley-Fairlawn school board elects Vargo as president
- St. Hilary’s Saberbots advance to state tournament
- St. Sebastian students compete in Geography Bee
- High-schoolers gain nursing experience
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Lakes District Cub Scouts revving up for chariot race
- Walsh University names new science center after St. John Paul II
Calendar of Events
- Beginning Watercolor - 1/27/2015
- A New Adventure - 1/28/2015
- Connecting Children to the Wonders of Nature - 1/28/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 1/28/2015
- Pilates - 1/28/2015