Copley High School’s yearbook program wins national award
|Photo courtesy of Fiona Casida|
The school’s award-winning yearbook program was led by 2012-13 editors Sydnee Leathers, Amanda Revesz and Erica Vrabec and yearbook staff members Courtney Brown, Katie Casida, Lexi Cohen, Elizabeth Fela, Grace Goldenberg, Kristin Hastings, Monica Leach, Kaylynn Putt, Jenna Redd, Aaron Self and Amy Smith under the direction of yearbook adviser Fiona Casida.
“I am extremely proud of my students and this excellent achievement,” Casida said. “Their dedication and persistence to represent the entire Copley High School student body in the yearbook is especially impressive.”
The award was presented to the Copley High School yearbook program for achieving the defined criteria in each of three following categories: creating an inclusive yearbook, generating school engagement and successfully managing the yearbook creation process.
The Copley High School yearbook program, which will receive a plaque to display in the yearbook area and a banner to display in the school, was the only public high school in Ohio to receive this award, according to Jostens officials.
Shown above is the 2013-14 Copley High School Yearbook staff, including, from left: (back row) Ashanee Player, Lauren Vorell, Deniz Tektas, Ashley Susi, Beth Moore, Brad Kappler and Fiona Casida; and (front row) Kaylynn Putt, Kristin Hastings, Grace Goldenberg, Lexi Cohen and Katie Casida.
More Education News
- Highland board revisits school rebuilding project
- Revere High School hosting Marching Band Invitational
- Revere celebrates five National Merit semifinalists
- Old Trail students find rare caterpillar
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Manchester officials discuss state report card results
- District recognizes board member
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 9/28/2016
- Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance - 9/28/2016
- GriefCare Place - 9/28/2016
- Akron Coffee Roasters - 9/28/2016
- Pilates - 9/28/2016