Colorful murals brighten Green High School walls
|Photos: Joyce Rainey Long|
In July, Bill Faucett, of Bill Faucett Signs in Hartville, painted two murals at the school that cost $2,300. The mural in the entranceway says, “Welcome to Green High School” and the mural above the stairs says, “Home of the Bulldogs” with a bulldog resting on a bone. Faucett has painted three other murals throughout the building.
“The murals dress up the front lobby and commemorate volunteerism,” said Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, adding that PTSA events paid for the artwork.
Brown is shown at right, at far right, with seniors Shiloh Randall, at far left, and Andrew Zabel in front of the mural in the entranceway. The trio also are shown above in front of the mural above the stairs.
“The bright colors and the big graphics grab you when you walk in the door,” said Faucett, who designed and installed the murals. “They make for a comfortable atmosphere and show school spirit.”
“The murals make me proud to be a Bulldog,” Randall said.
— By Joyce Rainey Long
More Education News
- Akron schools ready to open
- Firestone High School graduate awarded $2,500 scholarship
- Woodridge board, teachers union approve contract
- STVM students win at WEMUN Expo
- Copley-Fairlawn district readies for start of school
- Akron Zoo, APS provide supplies to students
- Project GRAD Akron receives contribution from AT&T
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green officials field questions regarding softball improvements
- Springfield district approves personnel items at special meeting
- Manchester Old School Alumni support scholarship fund
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Skip Gibson and Finesse - 8/31/2016
- Downtown @ Dusk: Angie Haze - 9/1/2016
- “Hangover Square” - 9/1/2016
- Quarry Hike - 9/1/2016