Five Highland juniors selected for county leadership program
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
They are among the 43 sophomores and juniors from seven county high schools to form the Junior Leadership Medina County Class of 2014. Beginning its second decade, Junior Leadership is the only youth leadership development organization that brings high school students from across Medina County together to develop and share their strengths, according to district officials.
The purpose of Junior Leadership is to advocate for, encourage and empower emerging leaders. All of this takes place while students gain a better understanding of Medina County by visiting various businesses, organizations, county governmental entities and speaking with community leaders. Junior Leadership is maintained solely by grants and donations, with support from the Stephenson Foundation, Feckley Foundation, Brunswick Education Foundation and the Lorain-Medina Rural Electric Cooperative, as well as others, according to Highland Local Schools officials.
The program consists of seven class days spread over six months and developed by Leadership Medina County alumni. The days are built around a specific topic to be interactive, structured and geared to high school students.
Luke is the son of Raymond and Aniko Allen, of Granger; Paul is the son of Anthony and Chris DiGiacobbe, of Montville; Bridget is the daughter of Chris and Kristen Fleischer, of Granger; Benjamin is the son of Jeff and Marjorie Muirden Holland, of Sharon; and Tricia is the daughter of John and Teresa Holland Gresock, of Montville. Pictured above from left are: Luke, Paul, Tricia, Bridget and Benjamin.
More Education News
- ‘Conceptual agreement’ reached with Copley teachers union
- Revere board approves lunch price increase
- Woodridge seeking raffle car to help fund activities
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green offering breakfast for all students
- APS focus on digital needs, offerings
- Manchester officials considering new bus purchase
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014