Five Highland juniors selected for county leadership program
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
They are among the 43 sophomores and juniors from seven county high schools to form the Junior Leadership Medina County Class of 2014. Beginning its second decade, Junior Leadership is the only youth leadership development organization that brings high school students from across Medina County together to develop and share their strengths, according to district officials.
The purpose of Junior Leadership is to advocate for, encourage and empower emerging leaders. All of this takes place while students gain a better understanding of Medina County by visiting various businesses, organizations, county governmental entities and speaking with community leaders. Junior Leadership is maintained solely by grants and donations, with support from the Stephenson Foundation, Feckley Foundation, Brunswick Education Foundation and the Lorain-Medina Rural Electric Cooperative, as well as others, according to Highland Local Schools officials.
The program consists of seven class days spread over six months and developed by Leadership Medina County alumni. The days are built around a specific topic to be interactive, structured and geared to high school students.
Luke is the son of Raymond and Aniko Allen, of Granger; Paul is the son of Anthony and Chris DiGiacobbe, of Montville; Bridget is the daughter of Chris and Kristen Fleischer, of Granger; Benjamin is the son of Jeff and Marjorie Muirden Holland, of Sharon; and Tricia is the daughter of John and Teresa Holland Gresock, of Montville. Pictured above from left are: Luke, Paul, Tricia, Bridget and Benjamin.
More Education News
- Firestone’s International Baccalaureate program enters 20th year
- Teacher granted second leave to serve as OEA president
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club makes scholarship awards
- Norton district voters to see levy on November ballot
- West Side Education News & Notes
- BVS awards students with scholarships
- Students enjoy outdoor program
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Moustache Yourself - 7/28/2016
- Ryan Humbert - 7/28/2016
- Small Footprint: Upcycling - 7/28/2016
- Drop-In Nature Crafts - 7/28/2016
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” - 7/28/2016