Green students help Mobile Meals
GREEN — Fourth-grade students at Green Intermediate School and their teachers worked on a service project with representatives from Mobile Meals Inc. in Akron that will help many of the 2,500 children and adults receiving meals from the agency each day.
The service project was part of the school’s leadership program, according to Phil Marcin, development director for Mobile Meals.
Students spent the afternoon of Nov. 4 learning about Mobile Meals, viewing one of its delivery vehicles, preparing bread and butter packets for client meals, shown above, alphabetizing client signature sheets and designing placemats for the agency’s seven senior dining centers. The students had a great learning experience, and parent volunteers in attendance were excited to see children working for a good cause, according to Marcin.
More Education News
- FHS students sail cardboard vessels in annual race
- Firestone, Litchfield construction bids OK’d
- State education mandates on Woodridge agenda
- Principal, district resident receive Pride Awards
- Springfield district continuing site improvements
- Manchester school board honors retiring treasurer
- Treasurer preparing five-year financial forecast
- Fundraiser for Coventry foundation a success
Calendar of Events
- Gospel Bluegrass Jam - 4/18/2014
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014
- Antiquarian Book Fair - 4/18/2014
- Easter Family Fun Day - 4/19/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014