Green students help Mobile Meals
GREEN — Fourth-grade students at Green Intermediate School and their teachers worked on a service project with representatives from Mobile Meals Inc. in Akron that will help many of the 2,500 children and adults receiving meals from the agency each day.
The service project was part of the school’s leadership program, according to Phil Marcin, development director for Mobile Meals.
Students spent the afternoon of Nov. 4 learning about Mobile Meals, viewing one of its delivery vehicles, preparing bread and butter packets for client meals, shown above, alphabetizing client signature sheets and designing placemats for the agency’s seven senior dining centers. The students had a great learning experience, and parent volunteers in attendance were excited to see children working for a good cause, according to Marcin.
More Education News
- Copley school board seeking high school principal
- Revere board asking for moratorium on state testing
- Revere PTA group names awardees
- Woodridge board asks state to monitor charter schools
- Students earn Eagle Scout honors
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Coventry Middle School teacher honored
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I” - 4/2/2015
- Kite Workshop: for kindergarten-second grade - 4/2/2015